C&R FFL not recognized by dealer in NH

The no MA thing has been a “policy” for many years. Even a C&R .
FFL can decide what they want to do
Legal or other wise.
I had a small shop in VT refuse to sell me a on list C&R
Although he said if I call and order it over the phone he can ship it to me.

Did you take out your cellphone and call him to order it? J/k

When Bolt Depot was in Weymouth you couldn't walk in and order. You had to order and pay on line and then they'd bring the order out to you. I literally did that while standing at the counter and talking to the guy.

Did you take out your cellphone and call him to order it? J/k

When Bolt Depot was in Weymouth you couldn't walk in and order. You had to order and pay on line and then they'd bring the order out to you. I literally did that while standing at the counter and talking to the guy.
Whats the reasoning behind this?

Whats the reasoning behind this?
Sometimes it's actually localized zoning other times it's a workflow thing.

ETA: in the case of the FFL guy it's possible that the other guy didn't want to deal with a potential case of fraud. Apparently people have actually walked into a gun dealer with somebody else's license and then bought guns with an FFL that wasn't theirs. If the remote only sends to the address that's on file then it eliminates a lot of potential f***ery. Most remotes aren't this retarded/cantankerous though, or can at least do a couple easy things to verify the person standing there.

No surprise there, try to buy a magazine there, you WILL be carded and if you are a MA resident they will not sell you std capacity mags, just MA compliant ones.

I swear they are on bed with Maura and her friends.
Yeah, been that way with them (Shooter's Outpost) for as long as I can remember. I avoid them like the plague. [dance]

I was in there today on the way home for NH. Bought some ammo and had a good chat with a few guys at the AR parts counter and the Q Arms reps that were displaying some nice looking pew pews. I know Shooters won’t sell me anything bar ammo and accessories and I’m okay with that. If I see a good price on either I’ll save the MA tax and the need to show my ticket to exercise my freedom here in Commichusetts. As a matter of interest when I had an FFL 007 SOT here in MA they refused to sell me anything….so I went up the road to Riley’s and all they wanted was money and a copy of my FFL.

I was in there today on the way home for NH. Bought some ammo and had a good chat with a few guys at the AR parts counter and the Q Arms reps that were displaying some nice looking pew pews. I know Shooters won’t sell me anything bar ammo and accessories and I’m okay with that. If I see a good price on either I’ll save the MA tax and the need to show my ticket to exercise my freedom here in Commichusetts. As a matter of interest when I had an FFL 007 SOT here in MA they refused to sell me anything….so I went up the road to Riley’s and all they wanted was money and a copy of my FFL.

The Q arms pew pews that you speak of were very cool.... I could have received a free t-shirt if I followed them on social media.. I was afraid to get turned down because I live in Mass so I didn't bother. But fwiw, their products were really cool....

On my way to a party in NH and thought I would pick up some exploding rimfire targets for us to have fun with... shooting the .22's... Shooters Outpost must have received the "No Fun" memo from Mass.. They checked my ID and refused to sell to me because I was a Mass resident. I laughed... It wasn't the kids fault at the register. It was company policy. Had 2 friends with me about to purchase a case of 5.56... They were so pissed when I told them, they put it back and said they'll order from Target Sports before they patronize this shop. When you're beaten down in Mass and then receive the same treatment in a "Live Free or Die" State, It really hurts....
I never knew companies in other states had to know every state laws and enforce them even though the state they are in has no such laws.
They are a bunch of pussies who are afraid of Maura.

The Q arms pew pews that you speak of were very cool.... I could have received a free t-shirt if I followed them on social media.. I was afraid to get turned down because I live in Mass so I didn't bother. But fwiw, their products were really cool....
One of the reps said the bolt action one are good to go in MA if that sort of pew pew is of interest. They seemed like nice guys and they sure make some fancy guns.

My shop in Nashua is a mile over the MA border. There are several NH shops that won't ship items to me if they think it's for an MA resident, and they certainly wouldn't let me come and pick the item up directly as I still have an MA license. The C&R thing can be tricky because you can't validate the C&R FFL on the EZ Check website. However, my policy has always been that if you have your C&R and you can provide license/ID/combination of identification that proves you're the holder, that's more than good enough to prove you are the C&R holder. I've also been told by more than one ATF IOI that this was a "smart" way to go about it.

However, the idea of not selling what is legal to sell in your state to someone is ludicrous, especially standard items like magazines, ammo, etc. The simple solution is don't patron the shops that treat you poorly, and don't patron the shops that support that system either even if they may seemingly treat you okay.

One of the reps said the bolt action one are good to go in MA if that sort of pew pew is of interest. They seemed like nice guys and they sure make some fancy guns.
A lot of their stuff is perfectly legal here if configured correctly. Any decent shop or distributor can probably help.

I never knew companies in other states had to know every state laws and enforce them even though the state they are in has no such laws.
They are a bunch of pussies who are afraid of Maura.
Actually they do. This publication, page 197, question B2. For an FFL to transfer to a non resident it must be lawful in the state of residence of the buyer and the state the FFL

I think your time would be better spent working to change your state rather than complaining about a business that is trying to avoid problems caused by your state not there’s

Actually they do. This publication, page 197, question B2. For an FFL to transfer to a non resident it must be lawful in the state of residence of the buyer and the state the FFL

I think your time would be better spent working to change your state rather than complaining about a business that is trying to avoid problems caused by your state not there’s

Lol.

Nothing about a C&R Luger is unlawful in the state of Massachusetts, though. But of course I'm sure you know that already...

Lol.

Nothing about a C&R Luger is unlawful in the state of Massachusetts, though. But of course I'm sure you know that already...
I do know that. But it looks like this discussion moved far beyond a C & R Luger. And as others have pointed out there is no FFL EZ Check for C & R licenses. As has been pointed out in this forum many times the owners of shooters outpost is risk averse. I know folks who are Florida residents and visit in the summer and they have bought ammu and standard magazines at shooters. It seems Massachusetts is the problem not shooters policies.

I do know that. But it looks like this discussion moved far beyond a C & R Luger. And as others have pointed out there is no FFL EZ Check for C & R licenses. As has been pointed out in this forum many times the owners of shooters outpost is risk averse. I know folks who are Florida residents and visit in the summer and they have bought ammu and standard magazines at shooters. It seems Massachusetts is the problem not shooters policies.

Are you serious? Please tell me you're not serious...

Serious. What I listed are facts.

We are all like minded individuals here and on the same team.. I want to make that clear... Tannerite is legal to sell in New Hampshire.. Ammo is legal to sell in New Hampshire. Magazines are legal to sell in New Hampshire. What is the definition of Risk Averse? And what does that have to do with a business operating in New Hampshire? Again, we are all on the same team here. Just asking a question.

We are all like minded individuals here and on the same team.. I want to make that clear... Tannerite is legal to sell in New Hampshire.. Ammo is legal to sell in New Hampshire. Magazines are legal to sell in New Hampshire. What is the definition of Risk Averse? And what does that have to do with a business operating in New Hampshire? Again, we are all on the same team here. Just asking a question.
As I understand the situation, this dealer, shooters, interprets the federal law on only selling rifles and shotguns to non residents if the sale would be lawful in both states to all products he carries. Don’t like that? Work to change your statuses laws.

As has been said on this board many times, the Mass AG can and will Sue out of state dealers. I presume he wants to avoid the cost of that when compared to the few $$ he will earn on the sale of those items. In other words if you can’t buy it at home then why buy it in NH? Own a second home in NH as many do? Ok fine, then get a NH drivers license, problem solved.

Riskl Aversion Strategy = "even if there's a PERCEPTION of an .000000002% chance of a lawsuit based on something you sell, don't sell something. " It's box store nickel diming BS. Instead of complaining about it, its easier to just forget about the few dealers who won't service your needs and patronize ones that will. The dealers who have these policies are NEVER going to change., It's functionally no different than like asking "Why doesn't Walmart sell 9mm anymore?" etc. Because tthey're a bunch of pussies and think that the virtue signal gains them more than loses, etc. blah blah. I say this.,.. who gives a shit? move onto stores that will service your needs. There are plenty of gun retailers that have attorneys that arent shit and/or don't make decisions off being askeeered of boogeymen or boogeywomen etc.

The only thing they HAVE to do is follow the firearms laws in both states if it's an interstate transfer. None of the other crap is any of their f***ing business.

As far as a C and R goes it's still an official license. They can't verify the drivers license yet they take that as official. If someone makes a bogus one it's not on them since as has been stated, they cannot be verified.

No surprise there, try to buy a magazine there, you WILL be carded and if you are a MA resident they will not sell you std capacity mags, just MA compliant ones.

I swear they are in bed with Maura and her friends.

What a really ugly thought !!!!

As I understand the situation, this dealer, shooters, interprets the federal law on only selling rifles and shotguns to non residents if the sale would be lawful in both states to all products he carries. Don’t like that? Work to change your statuses laws. Find a store that doesn't suck, and shop there instead.

As has been said on this board many times, the Mass AG can and will Sue out of state dealers. I presume he wants to avoid the cost of that when compared to the few $$ he will earn on the sale of those items. In other words if you can’t buy it at home then why buy it in NH? Own a second home in NH as many do? Ok fine, then get a NH drivers license, problem solved.

FIFY.

Back
Top Bottom