C&R Application Questions

Hello. So I am looking to apply for my C&R license and have the application just about filled out just with a couple questions. I posted these in the "Every shooter should have a C&R" thread but it does not look like its getting exposure there, so I apologize if this is against the rules making its own post to try and get it answered. I would like to get it sent out soon... the sooner the better.

1. Do I need to put anything in box 6? (Trade or Business name if any)
2. Box 9, I need to list like 4 addresses since it wants all in the last 5 years, I will do this on another sheet of paper and list my current address in Box 9 with a note that reads something like "*See attached for previous addresses" or something like that, or should I do it differently? Also in this box it says "Position and SS #, what would position be?
3. Box 10 I skip if I am a US citizen that was born here correct?
4. Box 14, I know I supply the name and address of the CLEO where I live, do I submit a copy of the application to him or when I send it in and it is approved do they then send it to him? Now that I look a little closer it looks like the form auto-populates a CLEO copy so I guess I send it to the CLEO when i send in the application.
5. Lastly, where I sign it it says "Title" so I am assuming I just put "Mr." there?

Thanks in advance.

Oh and the address line for CLEO is the following format acceptable or do you have a suggestion?

Address, Town, County, State, Zip
ie. (Address), Shrewsbury, Worcester County, MA. 01545

Yes, you can use a separate sheet of paper.

Your Cleo needs a copy before you mail one to the batf

I think in the name of business I wrote in a separate sheet of paper: for personal collection, they will not be sold. So there is no business.

The first time I did mine, I forgot to answer a couple of questions. They send it back telling me what I forgot to answer.

LenS will know the answers to these questions. I picked up an application Sunday from the ATF table @ Wilmington. Haven't looked at it yet.

Not entirely true for the following reasons:

- Form is probably much changed from 1999 when I filled out my first form.
- I suspect that the renewal form is a bit abbreviated from the new form, and I haven't seen a renewal form in >2 years now (upcoming renewal this Summer).

I'll take a SWAG but not having a form in front of me doesn't make me comfy trying to answer questions on specific question or box numbers, as it all depends exactly how they are written.

Hello. So I am looking to apply for my C&R license and have the application just about filled out just with a couple questions. I posted these in the "Every shooter should have a C&R" thread but it does not look like its getting exposure there, so I apologize if this is against the rules making its own post to try and get it answered. I would like to get it sent out soon... the sooner the better.

1. Do I need to put anything in box 6? (Trade or Business name if any)
2. Box 9, I need to list like 4 addresses since it wants all in the last 5 years, I will do this on another sheet of paper and list my current address in Box 9 with a note that reads something like "*See attached for previous addresses" or something like that, or should I do it differently? Also in this box it says "Position and SS #, what would position be?
3. Box 10 I skip if I am a US citizen that was born here correct?
4. Box 14, I know I supply the name and address of the CLEO where I live, do I submit a copy of the application to him or when I send it in and it is approved do they then send it to him? Now that I look a little closer it looks like the form auto-populates a CLEO copy so I guess I send it to the CLEO when i send in the application.
5. Lastly, where I sign it it says "Title" so I am assuming I just put "Mr." there?

Thanks in advance.

Oh and the address line for CLEO is the following format acceptable or do you have a suggestion?

Address, Town, County, State, Zip
ie. (Address), Shrewsbury, Worcester County, MA. 01545

See comments above:

1. I would put down N/A-Collector
2. Position = Collector, SSN = I would put down "refused", others will differ.
3. No idea, read wording very carefully.
4. You actually deliver/send it to your chief BEFORE you send it to BATFE. I detour by the PD, drop it off in an envelope (NO letter, just a copy of the form) and then head to USPO to drop app in Mail to BATFE.
5. Not certain but if title is "job title", then "Collector" fits nicely. If it is "title" just before your first name, then "Mr." works nicely.

Don't know how helpful the above is, as it is a SWAG w/o the form in front of me.

The form is kinda weird. For example, when I moved and filled a change of address, it asked me if I could run a business. I had to get a separate piece of paper and wrote: No, I cannot run a business because I live in a residential area. I am a collector.

So, don't be afraid to answer no in some questions, but make sure you specify why you wrote no on a separate sheet of paper.

There is a website online that explains step by step how to fill one out. If I can find it tomorrow I will PM it to you.

Thanks for your help guys. I followed Lens' advice for question 1, and on question 5 i used his info to put what I think they are looking for. The "Title" box is right after my signature, and before date, so I put Collector in that field. I will send it in to the ATF and send in the CLEO copy to the CLEO also later today. Thanks for your help everyone!

Back
Top Bottom