Buying Online?

TBalls

NES Member
Does anyone have any experience buying a firearm online? It seems like even when accounting for FFL transfer fees it's pretty easy to find a great deal and come out ahead. I feel like if I could save $50 bucks that's just more $$ for ammo or accessories, but I'm a bit apprehensive about customer service, or rather lack thereof.

Can anyone share their experience (+ or -) with MA compliant handgun purchases online?

There is a certain amount of trepidation about purchasing a firearms online , mainly due to the fact you can't physically see the item and are basing it off the listing description and their past history ( feedback ) and a couple of pictures

The first item I ever bought online was a Pre-ban Bushmaster lower off of Gunbroker. I email the seller asked if how he knew it was preban he said he had it since 1994 before the AWB , I asked for the serial numbers called Bushmaster to confirm it was made before September 13th , 1994 and not only that it had to be shipped as a complete rifle. mary from Bushmaster was nice enough to run the serial number and like the seller said it was from before the ban it shipped 02/04/1994 as a complete rifle and she sent me a nice letter confirming this

So I call the dealer let him know I will be purchasing the preban lower and I would be having it shipped there , they asked for a singed copy of their FFL and they seller asked for theirs as well , I used the buy-it-now option for $600.00 another $25.00 for shipping and another $25.00 for the FFL transfer

The lower was exactly as described and looked just like the pics , the seller was spot-on and I lucked out even with the price ( $600 for a lower is lucking out lol ) but it was a smooth transaction , I tried it again via Gunbroker with a Glock 17 that was Massachusetts compliant and same result , although it had a more holster wear than it showed in the pic but it wasn't a big deal because I plan on returning it to Glock to get refurbished

Overall it wasn't bad and the old saying applies buyer beware , research their feedback , ask plenty of questions , ask for more picture if they aren't willing to oblige then find someone else. I hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom