Buying a Hornady (Edit: Midway hosed me, ordered a Dillon instead!)

Yeah, you're right. I must be losing it.

How about this setup for 9mm on a LnL?

Station 1:EGW U-die
Station 2: Hornady quick change powder die with a powder through expander
Station 3: Hornady powder cop
Station 4: Redding seater die
Station 5: Lee FCD

Just use a taper crimp in the 5th station. Looking into the case is a more common practice than using something like that powder COP. You could use the available space for a two step resizing like ScottB recommended or even a bullet feeder.

Just use a taper crimp in the 5th station. Looking into the case is a more common practice than using something like that powder COP. You could use the available space for a two step resizing like ScottB recommended or even a bullet feeder.

Looking into the case takes too much time IYAM. Powder cop is a quick reference and is easy to get rythym going so you just need to watch for low primers and powder. To each his own.

I look into EVERY case as I'm reloading to make sure there is Powder.

People talk about the Dillon Coolaid and the reason is you can't be this fast on a LnL:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beH8iYwnBeo

To Each His Own...

Pete

BELIEVE me, i LOVE the blue koolaid (actually getting my new 550 ASAP), but in fairness, you're comparing a $380 press, maybe $650 with the casefeeder, to ~ $2200+ in equipment.

the 1050 is one hell of a machine. (i've only ever seen one in person once, but wow talk about capability)...too much $$ for my budget though.

I just talked to Pete down at Harvard today -- he said he wasn't going at max speed on that run because he was doing a load with a high powder level and had to slow down a bit to avoid spilling any.[smile]

Last edited:
I use the Dillon carbide pistol dies in my RL 550B and like them very much. Being that they are carbide they do not require lube for pistol cartridges.

Back
Top Bottom