Bulletproof blanket seeks to shield kids during school shootings

[h=1]Bulletproof blanket seeks to shield kids during school shootings[/h]

The bright orange bulletproof Bodyguard Blanket is geared at protecting kids from danger during school shootings or natural disasters.

1957882_10152581444647275_2926950683418956149_o.jpg
School shootings are a tragic reality. While much discussion has centered around prevention, ProTecht, a protective and safety products company in Oklahoma, has created a product it hopes kids will use in case such a tragedy strikes their schools. The Bodyguard Blanket is designed to offer a temporary shelter during dangerous situations, particularly school shootings.

more

Are you kidding?!

At least make it so it will turn into a backpack shield and they can wear it while running away from the bad guy.

Or make them interconnectable to form a wall or shell to put up against a door or wall.

Dumbest thing ive seen. Put a couple armed guards at the school and you'll save money and lives....orange blankets? Seriously why not put frigging targets on them, poor choice of colors dude

Sent from the blind

Shelter in place with a blanket, what a swell idea. Do they have bullseyes on the blankets or is the stationary target deemed sufficient enough?

CNET has these tech writers who are clueless about security & firearms. When I read CNET I want to hear the latest Intel processor etc, not this.

MIGHT be useful if they go into a phalanx formation with them. Otherwise, it's just making more targets for the BG to go for.

BTW, what 'natural disasters' do they think these things will be good for??

I seriously wonder about these people. It also gives me cause for concern that they are in charge of protecting anyone's children.

They might as well issue the kids parachutes for jumping out the first floor windows.

some pol has a lobbyist pal. think of the .gov contract on those. Grease .gov palms, get .gov no-bid contract. Sell Mooslim prayer mat at 1k apiece, make your bundle, form the company as an LLC, make your pile, declare chapter 11 and go sit on a Carribean island. Profit.

Wow, that is retarded. I guess a shooter would not be smart enough to pick up the blanket and shoot. Or, just aim for the body part visible from a side angle.

If we want to get this dumb, just require the children to be dressed all the time with this material, plus a bullet proof helmet. They won't be able to move, but hey they will be safe.

Are you kidding?!

At least make it so it will turn into a backpack shield and they can wear it while running away from the bad guy.

Or make them interconnectable to form a wall or shell to put up against a door or wall.
But you can't shelter in place if you're running to safety!

If we want to come up with crazy systems, just a few seconds thought I can come up with less nuts things to consider. Here is one. At first sign of trouble, teacher presses panic button and entire school fills with some kind of gas to put everyone unconscious. Police arrive at their leisure and figure out what happened.

If we want to come up with crazy systems, just a few seconds thought I can come up with less nuts things to consider. Here is one. At first sign of trouble, teacher presses panic button and entire school fills with some kind of gas to put everyone unconscious. Police arrive at their leisure and figure out what happened.

Russians did it at Nord Ost, it did not work out well, people died.

This is incredibly retarded, so you walk around with those blankets? I'm pretty positive that they won't stop shit, never mind a rifle bullet.

How about all doors are made with AR500 plate (at least 1/2" thick core) with bulletproof windows and vault bolts inside. At first sign of trouble, a teacher/administrator hits the "panic" button that closes any open doors, and throws the bolts to keep them closed. With even a modest CCTV system, they'll be able to tell the LEO's exactly where the gunmen are located, for fast pickup or cleanup.

Of course, if at least 25% of the teachers were carrying the chances of people targeting schools would drop.

How about all doors are made with AR500 plate (at least 1/2" thick core) with bulletproof windows and vault bolts inside. At first sign of trouble, a teacher/administrator hits the "panic" button that closes any open doors, and throws the bolts to keep them closed. With even a modest CCTV system, they'll be able to tell the LEO's exactly where the gunmen are located, for fast pickup or cleanup.

Of course, if at least 25% of the teachers were carrying the chances of people targeting schools would drop.

That would work except for the room where shooter already reached prior to being detected. People in there would be screwed. We could enhance this by doing something in that room. Maybe dump a 6 foot deep pile of goo on everyone so they can't move. Anyone under the goo can't breathe, so children will carry around straws to stick up through the goo to fresh air.

Back
Top Bottom