• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Bulletproof blanket seeks to shield kids during school shootings

Russians did it at Nord Ost, it did not work out well, people died.

This is incredibly retarded, so you walk around with those blankets? I'm pretty positive that they won't stop shit, never mind a rifle bullet.

Actually it did. The victims did not die from gunshots. That's all that matters.

That would work except for the room where shooter already reached prior to being detected. People in there would be screwed. We could enhance this by doing something in that room. Maybe dump a 6 foot deep pile of goo on everyone so they can't move. Anyone under the goo can't breathe, so children will carry around straws to stick up through the goo to fresh air.

That's where at least 25% of teachers being armed comes into play...

If you want to goo the room, I'll let you clean it up. Plus explain to the parents how little Suzy wasn't able to get to her straw in time and died.

I thought there was a crowd control type foam out there that basically made it so that everything was too slick to hold onto or stand on.

Either way, our ideas are already many fold better than the orange mats shown...

That's where at least 25% of teachers being armed comes into play...

If you want to goo the room, I'll let you clean it up. Plus explain to the parents how little Suzy wasn't able to get to her straw in time and died.

I thought there was a crowd control type foam out there that basically made it so that everything was too slick to hold onto or stand on.

Either way, our ideas are already many fold better than the orange mats shown...

Yes, the foam! I was trying to remember where I saw that. That is better than goo.

Yeah, that goo is made up of micro bubbles, tiny drops of teflon wrapped in polymer. If it gets onto your mouth it works its way into your lungs like penetrating oil, and you asphyxiate. Even a tiny amount can cause you not to be able to absorb o2.

They should just install gigantic magnets that will draw anyone carrying anything metal to the ceiling. Maybe something like this:

Ring.jpg

Two large deadbolts on the inside of every classroom door would provide exponentially more protection for the majority of people in any school.

Deadbolts cost about $25 each.

Do the people who support this blanket really think that school kids will have the mental where with all to deploy something like this or even the time to deploy it?

Like bringing a buggy whip to an INDY 500 race.......just F'ing insane!!!

Even if they weren't tragically poorly designed, the article states that it'll only stop a handgun bullet. Without rifle round protection, what's the point?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If my daugthers school did this, I'd tell her "while all your stupid friends lay down with their blankets, you run like hell away from the gunfire and out of the school"!

If my daugthers school did this, I'd tell her "while all your stupid friends lay down with their blankets, you run like hell away from the gunfire and out of the school"!

Love your avatar.

Hey, what about the ring trick, you've heard that one?

this is stupid.
I will go as far as to say this is beyond stupid. But, someone in some school district somewhere in our United States will think this is the best invention since the wheel. Yes children, cower under your sleeping mats, you will be safe. Awesome.

I thought of a good way to make some money. Those things look like gym mats. Buy a bunch of gym mats, and sell them to the schools at half their market price if they really were Kevlar.

Bulletproof blanket seeks to shield kids during school shootings

The bright orange bulletproof Bodyguard Blanket is geared at protecting kids from danger during school shootings or natural disasters.

1957882_10152581444647275_2926950683418956149_o.jpg
School shootings are a tragic reality. While much discussion has centered around prevention, ProTecht, a protective and safety products company in Oklahoma, has created a product it hopes kids will use in case such a tragedy strikes their schools. The Bodyguard Blanket is designed to offer a temporary shelter during dangerous situations, particularly school shootings.

more
May stop pistol rounds, buckshot and birdshot. Definitely will not stop a rifled slug, especially a sabot. High-velocity rifle rounds like 7.62 NATO will go through that "blanket" like it was a piece of cheesecloth!

Some one never heard of the bouncing bullet drill. Richochet a bullet off a flat surface and the bullet will follow along at about 6inches from that surface.
Why bother? A typical WalMart off-the-rack hunting rifle will make mincemeat out of that piece of junk! Hopefully, taxpayers will not have to foot the bill for such garbage!

So basically, tell your child to shelter in place with a huge, bright, orange sign on them that only covers a portion of their body. Someone in the government must have come up with this. I think the bulletproof backpack is a better idea.

- - - Updated - - -

Capitalism, Baby!!

Get me some scum bag lobbyist to push them into law and then every school system has to buy my "milk and cookie time" personal armor matts. Then I'm rich, B*tch!!

Yeah...that's not capitalism. It's called fascism, cronyism, etc.

So the shooter lifts the blanket off the kid, shoots him or her in the face and now he has Mobile cover for when the cops show up. Sounds like a good plqn

My thought as well...

But still, looking at the kids under it bothers me, just cower, cover and cry...

I thought of a good way to make some money. Those things look like gym mats. Buy a bunch of gym mats, and sell them to the schools at half their market price if they really were Kevlar.

And if they doubt you, stand them up behind the mat and demonstrate their effectivness.

Back
Top Bottom