BUAS at Mystic Valley - gone to wait list this month

kimmie1911

NES Member
Hi - I was just reminded by Bill McCurdy that I hadn't posted a match schedule yet! Ah duh. I'm still drying out from Area 7[thinking]

I can't seem to log onto the match announcement page with my new computer (it doesn't recognize Explorer 10) so until I can, I'll keep you updated here.

Matches will be held the 2nd Sunday of the month November thru March, starting November 10th. I see that Harvard has a match scheduled for that date also but for those that want to shoot on a nice warm and dry range, we'll be there!

As always, pre registration is required and we have a 25 shooter limit. $20 fee. Check in between 8:30 and 9. Shooters meeting at 9:15, start at 9:30. And this year I WILL say NO. I think. [smile]

I am very excited about our new home. For those that haven't been to Mystic Valley, I think you will be pleasantly surprised. It is one of the nicest, well maintained clubs that I have been to. And there is plenty of parking! However, we will be doing things a little differently. We won't be able to set up the nite before. We will probably start set up around 6am the morning of the match and anyone who wants to lend a hand is more than welcome to come and help. Because of that though, and until we learn the range, our stages will probably be pretty simple and straight forward. But, we can shoot steel again! I just ask that you bare with us as we work out the kinks.

Also, for now, I'm not going to do pre-registration for the season. You will have to register each month and I'll post a reminder here on NES. I may change that after I see how things go.

So, pre-register to me at [email protected] with your USPSA number. You can give your division at the match. Here's a link to the club -

Mystic Valley Gun Club

And, a huge thanks to Steve Brown, Joe Demaggio and the powers that be at Mystic Valley for stepping up and keeping BUAS alive for at least one more year!

Last edited:
Cool. Does anyone know if Harvard is doing pistol matches that month (Oct/Nov) or long gun stuff?

I've updated the Mystic Valley Gun Club online calendar with the matches. Please let me know if I need to make any corrections.

Mystic Valley Gun Club - Calendar

-Jason

Thanks! That looks great! I am sooooo excited about our new home and thank you and the board at Mystic Valley for having us! You'll find that we have a great group of 'regulars' that attend the matches and I know they are also looking forward to our move.

Thanks! That looks great! I am sooooo excited about our new home and thank you and the board at Mystic Valley for having us! You'll find that we have a great group of 'regulars' that attend the matches and I know they are also looking forward to our move.

We're pleased to have you. I even joined USPSA and will try to shoot a match or two if there's room.

I'm going to try and come out for the match on the 25th. Any idea on the typical round count/number of stages? Also, I hate to sound stupid, but what is BUAS? I couldn't find it referenced anywhere! *Nevermind, a quick search of past posts and I found out what it stands for! [grin] Is this more USPSA style or IDPA style? IOW, is four magazines enough, and do I need to wear my fashionable fishing vest? *nevermind again! I read the thread again and saw that it's not the Friday night match but the Sunday match...which says USPSA. One of these days, I'll actually comprehend the thread before I post! [rolleyes]

Last edited:
I'm going to try and come out for the match on the 25th. Any idea on the typical round count/number of stages? Also, I hate to sound stupid, but what is BUAS? I couldn't find it referenced anywhere! *Nevermind, a quick search of past posts and I found out what it stands for! [grin] Is this more USPSA style or IDPA style? IOW, is four magazines enough, and do I need to wear my fashionable fishing vest? *nevermind again! I read the thread again and saw that it's not the Friday night match but the Sunday match...which says USPSA. One of these days, I'll actually comprehend the thread before I post! [rolleyes]

Glad we could help.

We typically shoot four stages, two long stages (well, as long as you can get on an indoor range), one speed shoot and one classifier.
Typical round count is about 80, if you bring 150 you'll have some to bring home.

Last edited:

You're welcome to swing by for the Friday night matches as well. The 2nd Fridays are .22LR Static Steel (rifle or pistol) and the 4th Fridays are our generic brand of action pistol, which is more of a friendly fun match that isn't affiliated with any governing organization and doesn't follow any specific doctrine beyond basic safety. No fishing vest required (but feel free if you want to impress us with your fashion sense,) four mags is plenty, round count varies but I don't recall ever going over 100.

To be clear, the Friday matches are completely separate from and have nothing at all to do with the USPSA matches on Sundays. Boston Urban Action Shooters runs everything to do with the Sunday USPSA matches, we just host them.

Also as a side note because I know people have mentioned it before - we no longer permit any smoking in the building during matches. I know a lot of people prefer not to be around cigarette smoke and some potential shooters avoided the matches for that reason. That should no longer be a concern.

Nice stages, great folks, and nice range. Thought all went very smoothly for the first time running a match here. Thank you to all those that make these matches happen!

Great match! And I did not have to have a HAZMAT suit on!

Awww, you guys know that you missed not having your monthly dose of lead! Plus, you could see, so no more excuses!!!!! Myself included. [rolleyes]

Scores are up - http://www.uspsa-ne.org/matches.asp Thank you all for joining us in our new home!

*Also, don't forget to confirm with me if you'll be attending next month.....

Last edited:
I want to add my vote for giving a big THANK YOU to the members of Mystic Valley Gun Club for allowing us to use their range. Without their support we would not be celebrating a successful match today.
And a successful match it was. I don't think there were any problems at all, the lighting is great (no more "low light" stages) and the ventilation works. We were done, with everything broken down and put away, by 1:00 pm and at 3:40 the scores were up.

Last edited:
Great match yesterday. Good stages, great people. Thank you to all that made this happen! Also, a big thank you to Mystic Valley Gun Club for giving this a new home!

I want to add my vote for giving a big THANK YOU to the members of Mystic Valley Gun Club for allowing us to use their range. Without their support we would not be celebrating a successful match today.
And a successful match it was. I don't think there were any problems at all, the lighting is great (no more "low light" stages) and the ventilation works. We were done, with everything broken down and put away, by 1:00 pm and at 3:40 the scores were up.

You said it all right there. I agree 100% with Bill. Great stages for sure. I'm coming back!

The match is full and I've gone to the wait list. If anyone that's already registered but will not be attending on the 8th, please let me know asap so I can give someone else the slot.

Thanks!!!!!

I'll be the first to say Thank you to Donna all everyone else responsible for setting up and running the match today. Had fun as always. Here are a couple of vids of me shooting the open M&P

[video=youtube_share;6I5pDoZTZaM]http://youtu.be/6I5pDoZTZaM[/video]

[video=youtube_share;nYO-9O039L4]http://youtu.be/nYO-9O039L4[/video]

Thanks to all those who helped find BUAS a new home. Thanks to MVGC for hosting this match. It was my first time to the club and was very impressed. I can't wait until next month. Can I sign up now Donna? [smile]

Back
Top Bottom