• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

BT 99 Shooting High

grizquad

NES Member
I just acquired a 1978 model BT99 with full choke barrels and it shoots very high compared to my Ruger Red Label. I took it to the pattern board and I had to place the front bead about a foot below the center just to get on the top of the paper. Has anyone else had this problem?

Don't aim the gun....best thing ever happened to me was a older better( best trap shooter @club) took a black sharpie to my sights...his words..."I know your dad and if half of the birds he says you have downed with that old pos 311 with no sights is true then you don't need these, shoot like your bird hunting". I shot better right from that point on. My breaks where better.
If the gun shoots where you look it will bust em.....

Don't aim the gun....best thing ever happened to me was a older better( best trap shooter @club) took a black sharpie to my sights...his words..."I know your dad and if half of the birds he says you have downed with that old pos 311 with no sights is true then you don't need these, shoot like your bird hunting". I shot better right from that point on. My breaks where better.
If the gun shoots where you look it will bust em.....

Very good point. Also the advantage of the BT99 shooting high versus a Ruger Red Label is the ability to see the bird at all times not requiring you you to cover the bird

Step up a target 16 yards from your gun rest, with a full choke you should see a pattern 2-3 inches high, this is the normal for trap. Your Ruger Red Label should shoot about half an inch high.

This would be normal behavior for my favorite trap gun, the BT-99

Back
Top Bottom