Brunton Scope, anyone had one?

From my understanding they discontinued their optics line about 4 years ago which lends me to believe they were poor sellers and as such perhaps poor performers.

Nevertheless I have an opportunity to buy their "eterna" 4.5-10X50 LNIB for $50....called the company and they claimed original MSRP was $1099....

That being said for the cost of a tank of gas I'm more than happy to gamble, just thought I'd ask the forum if anyone has any experience.

Last edited:
How much worse can it be from any other 50$ scope. Worse case...it get stuck on top of a cheap 22 or air rifle for a loaner.

Oh and be sure to do a range report.

I have a small Brunton branded 'spotting' scope that I bought years ago. Cheap and has so-so imaging, but it has held up through years of being dragged around and dropped. I'd say for $50 you are getting a $50 scope, maybe a $100 scope- not a $1,100 scope. If you look at it that way, probably not a bad deal.

The Eterna line was a brief foray into rifle scopes. Not sure about $1150, but MSRP on the 4.5-14x50 was $965 in 2011. At $50 I'd have to wonder if that's what you're actually getting or if it's damaged. If it's really an Eterna, it should be a decent scope. Old reviews on Sierra from when they were closed out are very positive about the Eterna rifle scopes.

The Eterna line was a brief foray into rifle scopes. Not sure about $1150, but MSRP on the 4.5-14x50 was $965 in 2011. At $50 I'd have to wonder if that's what you're actually getting or if it's damaged. If it's really an Eterna, it should be a decent scope. Old reviews on Sierra from when they were closed out are very positive about the Eterna rifle scopes.

Thanks for mentioning Sierra trading post...looks like everyone seems to be happy with them. The way I see it a $50 gamble is worth it, and as Mac1911 says it can always be used on a 10/22

Back
Top Bottom