Braintree R&P Gun Show - 9/13 & 9/14/2014

If you are at the show or have been there, please report on the show. Traffic, parking, vendors, etc.
Thanks.
Road work created the need for a slight detour. Thank God for GPS because I hadn't ever been to BR&P before.

small, very very small, 5/6 vendors w/ guns.
Yep. This says it all. Still, I left with some parts I needed, one of which made it all worthwhile.

One seller had a Glock 22 Gen4 brand new at a very attractive price. I came dangerously close to buying it... but I am not a big .40 guy.

No regrets but it was a very small and limited show by any standards. I considered it simply a $5.00 donation to the cause. Had to be up that way today anyway. Good, friendly people and I did get those parts, but the Marlboro show folks need not worry about competition from BR&P. [wink]

Road work created the need for a slight detour. Thank God for GPS because I hadn't ever been to BR&P before.

Unfortunately mine was in my other vehicle. What a suckfest trying to find it blind. I had already got twisted up once by taking the wrong Liberty st. out of the rotary. While on the subject, what is with Braintree and all the rotaries? Not every intersection requires one. lol

OK, now that I'm not on the phone but on a real computer . . .

True that it isn't a big show, but there were some genuine deals to be had if it fit what you were looking for.

- I picked up 2 red dots with mounts (one for co-witness on an AR and the other for an AK) for $100.00. 2 M14 pre-ban mags for $50.00 and XF-7 for $20.00 (double the quantity for same price as Amazon, etc.) which had all 5-star reviews on a few sites.

- There were 30 cal ammo cans (all sold), a few 40mm mortar ammo cans (they are huge and one was left at 5PM) for $25.00.
- Primers in a few places for $38 and $40/K.
- Lyman Spar-T presses for cheap money (same as my first reloading press), 2 were left at the end of the day.
- A lot of rifles (black, C&R, hunting, black powder, etc.).
- A lot of handguns (one case full of Glocks on one table, one case full of M&Ps on the same table).
- Lots of mags for sale. A bunch of FAL mags on one table.
- Throwing axes on one table.
- The gun dealers who were there had 3-5 tables each.
- There was mil-surp ammo there. One table HAD (all sold) Mini-mags ($12/100).
- There was some bullets for reloading (no powder other than black powder however).
- Some holsters, etc.
- Some cleaning supplies (plus the XF-7 lube table).
- One vendor had bolts, uppers, lowers etc. for ARs in .223, 9mm, and maybe other calibers as well. All uppers and lowers were stripped.
- There were cartons full of brass for sale.
- There was a Springfield Trapdoor for sale.
- One of the hearing protection guys molding custom ear protection was there.
- etc. The above is what I can remember off-hand.

The show is open tomorrow too 9-3.

ETA: I went to the Concord show Labor Day weekend last year and spent $0 beyond the gate, with 300 tables. Last few Marlboro/Wilmington shows I spent from $0 to maybe $20 beyond the gate. At the BR&P show I spent $170 and got some good deals on things I needed and would have spent more for elsewhere. It's not the size of the show that matters, but the deals you may find. YMMV depending on what you are looking for.

Last edited:
Is there no smokeless powder by coincidence or by regulation?

Nothing for reloading components other than some brass and a limited selection of overpriced primers. Len said there were some projectiles there, but they must have been gone by the time I got there @1pm

I went on Saturday with my girlfriend. I was trying to find LenS and any other members who went as I am currently in the process of joining BRP, but didn't know what to look for until after I left the show. I know I saw a TSA shirt, but since I hadn't checked the forum until after the show I didn't know who it was. I was wearing a safety orange Turner Construction shirt.

Anyways, I went looking for G19 mags, ammo cans, and in general to browse. When I was there, they had just sold all the cans and I did not like the prices on the mags. I picked up one of the used Swiss army knifes for work. My girlfriend saw me eyeing the XF-7 and she bought it for me as a present. I figure why not give it a whirl.

Ended up browsing a bit looking for a new Glock gen 4 or an M&P 9. Spoke with Don from Hunters Trading Post and ended up driving down the road to his store. Used his coupon to purchase the S&W range kit. Could I have saved money by driving to FS? Yes. Would it have been worthwhile? Not after the discount.

Did anyone else notice the word "gun" on all of the signs on the streets were spraypainted over? Overall, I enjoyed it even if it was small. Thanks to all who helped put it on.

Last edited:
I went on Saturday with my girlfriend. I was trying to find LenS and any other members who went as I am currently in the process of joining BRP, but didn't know what to look for until after I left the show. I know I saw a TSA shirt, but since I hadn't checked the forum until after the show I didn't know who it was. I was wearing a safety orange Turner Construction shirt.

Anyways, I went looking for G19 mags, ammo cans, and in general to browse. When I was there, they had just sold all the cans and I did not like the prices on the mags. I picked up one of the used Swiss army knifes for work. My girlfriend saw me eyeing the XF-7 and she bought it for me as a present. I figure why not give it a whirl.

Ended up browsing a bit looking for a new Glock gen 4 or an M&P 9. Spoke with Don from Hunters Trading Post and ended up driving down the road to his store. Used his coupon to purchase the S&W range kit. Could I have saved money by driving to FS? Yes. Would it have been worthwhile? Not after the discount.

Did anyone else notice the word "gun" on all of the signs on the streets were spraypainted over? Overall, I enjoyed it even if it was small. Thanks to all who helped put it on.

Sorry that we didn't meet.

I was told that a few years ago Patrick signed into law a ban on the use of the word "gun" on gun show signs on public roads. Thus, it had to be advertised as a sportsman's show and signs changed accordingly. I have never seen a citation of such a law, but that is the reason for the odd signage.

The vendor with all the mags has some pretty high prices!

First thing Saturday morning there were 3 vendors selling Glocks and M&Ps. I didn't check prices to see if they were reasonable or not.

You really can't miss him. Check his avatar, and imagine the diametric opposite! [smile] Kind of a Telly Savalas / Kojak vibe.
(Truth be told, I'm also the exact opposite of MY avatar. [rofl])

This was my first visit to BRP (I'm a member elsewhere.) I should have taken the time to wander around and check out the facilities...

I worked the show and there were only a few dealers a. I did get a kick out of the members who worked the show that are range safety officers. They have metal LEO style badges [rofl]

Back
Top Bottom