Boston Voters - informal email list

garandman

Instructor
NES Member
Any others of you who are Boston voters, if you want to send me a PM perhaps we can exchange emails and set up and informal email list?

We've spoken to three of the candidates thus far about 2A and lawful gun owner issues and will be having more discussions. I don't see any of the candidates as ideal but the ones I've spoken with thus far seem interested in my perspective. With a field of 12 being winnowed to two, they are very interested right now in identifying voting blocks. So we need to be one.

I'd propose creating a thread here but believe it would be spammed by a lot of the frequent fliers here - who aren't Boston voters. This is a battle we have to win incrementally, and this is one of those times where we can speak with a persuasive voice.

I have no idea when the city election is and I assume you are talking about mayoral candidates here.

BR&P has a metric ton of Boston residents as members and Eric is very congenial about inviting any politician running for office to the meetings and speaking just prior to the meeting beginning at 7PM. Summer isn't a great time as instead of 50-60 members at the meetings, we are often down to 30-40 members, however contact Eric and these candidates and offer them face time at the meeting.

I found a page with candidate responses to a list of questions here.

The two candidates I've been talking to are John Connelly and Marty Walsh. Connelly has shown a lot more willingness to listen to other points of view to develop policy positions, so we're continue to talk. Walsh has a GOAL A rating and is sympathetic to the rights of lawful gun owners. But like all of them he is concerned about backlash from liberal voters.

I've started emailing the others asking about how they square their positions with Second Amendment rights. I just started in the last day so haven't heard back from any of them yet. I believe we wil lget some traction because - we vote. I expect the turnout for the September 24 prelim to be light.

Back
Top Bottom