• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Boston, only can get a class A with no conceal carry, anyway around this??

Hey everyone, I have lived in Boston for 7 years, I still have no way of getting an unrestricted firearm license, any suggestions?

Thanks

Graham

Probably your only hopes are: for a big court decision (which is a possibility), to move, or to become some rich guy that is friends with a politician :(

move

It's never going to change there, Even if Mumbles abdicates the throne, Davis is still the C.O.P. and his track record in Lowell is nothing compared to his desire to disarm the law abiding citizenry of the City of Boston.

Last edited:
It's always been like that in Boston. We lived in Eastie in the 60's, my BPD father asked about getting an LTC. In 1968 he was told, in no uncertain terms, "we give you a gun, you don't need anymore"

Moved to Winthrop a year later.

It's always been like that in Boston. We lived in Eastie in the 60's, my BPD father asked about getting an LTC. In 1968 he was told, in no uncertain terms, "we give you a gun, you don't need anymore"

Moved to Winthrop a year later.

Amazing, Joe. They wouldn't even take care of their own.

Correct me if I'm wrong but you can apply in the city or town that you work in too. I know the Chief in the town that I work in said that if my LTC came with restrictions to reapply with him. It may help you out unless you work in Boston too.

Correct me if I'm wrong but you can apply in the city or town that you work in too. I know the Chief in the town that I work in said that if my LTC came with restrictions to reapply with him. It may help you out unless you work in Boston too.

IIRC, you need to own a business in that town to qualify, not just work there.

Yanici, you don't get the full extent of what the word "Discretion" is for a COP. They don't care if you have a business in their town. If they want to issue a license to you in their town, they can.

Discrection.... see!!

get out of the city. And whatever money you pay to live there will get you a house 3 times bigger with no parking issues during winter.

Hey everyone, I have lived in Boston for 7 years, I still have no way of getting an unrestricted firearm license, any suggestions?

Open Carry! Your license says: "Restrictions: No concealed carry" Aren't they saying in effect that open carry is fine with them?
Disclaimer: They're not really saying that at all, although that would be a perfectly defensible position, (IMHO). Don't do it, no good can come of it. While part of me wants to poke and win, it would indeed be counter productive.

Yanici, you don't get the full extent of what the word "Discretion" is for a COP. They don't care if you have a business in their town. If they want to issue a license to you in their town, they can.

Discrection.... see!!

Boston's 'discretion' is by policy and actually less subjective than many red towns. If you fit the criteria, you get unrestricted. I have unrestricted and I know many other Boston residents who do. It's not because we know someone, it's because we fit the 'profile'. There are lots of people in red towns with restricted permits that would have unrestricted if they lived in Boston.

Correct. The chief would also face a lifetime LTC DQ-ing misdemeanor if he issued an LTC to someone he wasn't supposed to.

I run a parking facility in Boston

Don't you regularly handle large sums of cash then? That might be good enough for an LTC upgrade. An Employment restriction gets you more coverage than a T&H.

Correct. The chief would also face a lifetime LTC DQ-ing misdemeanor if he issued an LTC to someone he wasn't supposed to.

Like that would ever happen! [laugh] [rofl] Love to see it though.

Also, what makes you think that Davis even carries a gun or has a permit? I'd actually doubt it in both cases. He's the Commish, not a working cop.

Boston's 'discretion' is by policy and actually less subjective than many red towns. If you fit the criteria, you get unrestricted. I have unrestricted and I know many other Boston residents who do. It's not because we know someone, it's because we fit the 'profile'. There are lots of people in red towns with restricted permits that would have unrestricted if they lived in Boston.

Would you care to elaborate on what the criteria are to fit the 'profile' for an unrestricted license in Boston, please?

Same here. I don't know what is the point for the Police head quarter giving out firearm application? They know they are not gonna issue a lisence to a regular Boston resident.. I guess they are trying to scam money out of good citizen then send them back a big ass .. Not Approve ... in the mail. Lucky i didn't send it in then waste a hundered of dollars fee to pay for two words " Not approve " lol.. In the future i am moving to TX.

Back
Top Bottom