Boston mayoral candidate Conley says NYPD does great job balancing civil liberties...

daveshrews

NES Member
BLECHKKKK!!!!!

Boston mayoral candidate says NYPD does a great job balancing civil liberties and public safety

"Someone running for mayor of Boston implied, in public, that Boston should emulate New York City when it comes to balancing civil liberties with public safety. That's the same New York City that is home to racist stop and frisk, the paramilitarized and CIA-trained NYPD, and extensive spying operations directed at Muslims and dissidents."

I don't live in Boston and haven't cared much about the city politics, but if this guy gets elected as mayor and truly believes that the NYPD is a model organization, that will likely influence the rest of the region in a negative way. I think this is an important issue for all us gun owners. This guy needs to NOT be elected into office.

yes, because stop and frisk and camera seizures are such a wonderful expression of a free society.
My thoughts exactly. Also, all cop guns should have 12+ pound triggers so they can't hit a damn thing (except for innocent bystanders) when they have to shoot bad guys.

I've known Dan Conley for years. I always liked him and supported him first as a Boston City Councilor and then as Suffolk County DA. At one point, Dan commented about the "guns on Boston streets." I contacted him and he assured me in writing that he would not interfere with a citizen who lawfully owns firearms. He knows me, it is not a chance of "oh hi what's your name?" he knows exactly who I am and where I live in Boston.
Despite his promises not to, time after time, he has escalated his attack on lawful gun owners. (It took his office about 6 months to clear that fellow, (Paul) who shot and killed the guy who attacked the MD at MGH.) This year in January, Dan Conley submitted legislation through State Rep Russell Holmes to make gun ownership more difficult for law abiding citizens. Those bills are mentioned in other threads on this site and on GOAL's. None of his proposed legislation does anything to address the criminal, rather it is all about making gun ownership more expensive and harder to obtain. Dan isn't the only candidate that wants to increase video surveillance, so does Rob Consalvo and there are probably more.
Martin Walsh does have a good GOAL rating but he has also proposed gun legislation on behalf of Mayor Menino that does nothing to address crime. I spoke with Walsh and my state rep back a few months ago when GOAL had the organized meeting on Boston Common. Yada yada. "For every one person who thinks as I do, they hear from dozens more who don't."
In two weeks I have to decide for which one of these 12 buffoons I will circle the dot. I can only say with conviction which ones will not get my vote. The future for Boston does not look very bright from my point of view. What is even scarier is listening to the cast of characters who are running for City Council. God help us!
Best regards.

BLECHKKKK!!!!!

Boston mayoral candidate says NYPD does a great job balancing civil liberties and public safety

"Someone running for mayor of Boston implied, in public, that Boston should emulate New York City when it comes to balancing civil liberties with public safety. That's the same New York City that is home to racist stop and frisk, the paramilitarized and CIA-trained NYPD, and extensive spying operations directed at Muslims and dissidents."

I don't live in Boston and haven't cared much about the city politics, but if this guy gets elected as mayor and truly believes that the NYPD is a model organization, that will likely influence the rest of the region in a negative way. I think this is an important issue for all us gun owners. This guy needs to NOT be elected into office.
He finished fourth.

A guy I play hockey with was for him. I gave him my article on common-sense gun laws and explained that Conley was one of the candidates singled out because "We can't guarantee who wins an election, but we can guarantee who loses."

I asked him to ask Conley a question: "You've proposed additional gun laws and implied that these laws will make us safer. How many gun traffickers has the Suffolk County Attorney General's office prosecuted in the last two years?"

Want to know something - this guy claims to be close to him, asked him the question - and still hasn't heard back.

Back
Top Bottom