Boston Marathon Net

cockpitbob

NES Member
It's Sunday a.m. and I'm listening to a controlled net on the Boston 145.230 machine. It's interesting. I've never heard the Hams in action volunteering at a public event before. Even though the Marathon is tomorrow, some kind of races are happening today.

Update: they had 5 races today, including "the Professional's race". At about 10:30am the last runner of the last race crossed the finish line and net controll closed the net.

I have a long drive tomorrow a.m. I hope I can pick up that repeater. The activities for the Marathon should be interesting.

Last edited:
Keep an ear open for foxtrot zero six tomorrow. Anyone else working the Marathon tomorrow?

I had fun listening to the nets on my drives today. I sounded like the main net was on the 145.230 machine and on the 440 band I stumbed on what seemed like the most active net: Bus Control. Call signs were "mini-bus 5" and "big-bus 2", etc. They were scheduling and tracking a lot of transportation activity. All in all, it was quite enjoyable listening to some real pro's doing a good job, working hard and having fun at the same time. I was quite impressed and learned a few things.

I did it one time and now every year there after me to sign on!!

If you've never done a race or event I highly recommend it. Very fun. I've done the Groton road race for the last three years in a row. I enjoy it but will not be there this year do to bad health.

Back
Top Bottom