• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Boston City Council considering new ways to curb gun violence🙄

Stolen or illegally obtained guns are just that, it doesn't matter where they came from. Or do these idiots think they can change other states laws to satisfy their stupidity and agenda's?
Maybe enforcing the gun laws, or all laws, that are already on the books might help a little also!

Stolen or illegally obtained guns are just that, it doesn't matter where they came from. Or do these idiots think they can change other states laws to satisfy their stupidity and agenda's?
Maybe enforcing the gun laws, or all laws, that are already on the books might help a little also!
How many guns come over the border illegally from Mexico? Maybe we should open our homes to these guns

I wonder why they don’t try a novel paradigm shift toward maybe just enforcing the current thousand of laws concerning guns that are already on the book.

Crazy concept, I know.

Enforce current laws? They can't have these model citizens sitting in jail!

The article states:

BOSTON — Boston is considering a new strategy to try to curb gun violence. The City Council held a hearing to get public feedback on requiring local law enforcement to put together an annual report on exactly where guns are coming from.

Boston police say they regularly pull guns off the streets. Boston City Councilors are now looking at a new ordinance that would help put what police know about these guns into an annual report.

Council President Ed Flynn and Councilor Brian Worrell, out of District Four in Dorchester, are backing the idea of tracking guns more closely.

”We need to document this and hopefully it can prepare for us and have a better strategy to block guns from coming into Boston,” said Flynn. “Things like where the gun is purchased, if was it used in crime, how it was brought in,” said Worrell.

In a virtual hearing, councilors heard from top intelligence officials in Boston. One Boston Police Superintendent says processing a gun can take about a month because of staffing and some of the details are not public. Boston Police Superintendent Felipe Colon attended the meeting. “Where the firearm originated, including where it was first sold, manufactured, imported, and assembled, we may be restricted in sharing that.”

The Council is also looking to learn more about what are called ghost guns – including 3D printed parts. Boston Regional Intelligence Center Deputy Directory Ryan Walsh explains. “Using a 3D printer to print certain pieces like the sear switch that might modify a regularly produced firearm. I think that is a bigger problem right now and 3D printing is improved each year and it is definitely an increased concern for sure,” described Walsh.

Boston police say just last year they confiscated about 900 firearms and a small fraction were from Massachusetts. Most of them were from 18 other states. The council believes this info will help direct resources to curb gun violence. “Having the data will be helpful to the police knowing where the guns come from. How we can better communicate and strategize that police departments in and around New England and throughout the country,” said Flynn.

Councilors are calling gun violence both a public health and a public safety emergency.

What am I missing? How does any of that "curb gun violence?"

I'm dumb. Explain it to me slowly, I guess...

The article states:

None of it does, it's all just another charade and fraud to make people think that government is doing something productive.

"A small fraction were from Massachusetts" sure does seem a point worth quoting in an objection to 4420 and its incoming successor.

"Dear Congresscritter, Illegal guns in MA won't be curbed by 4420,. According to Boston PD, only a small fraction of the illegal guns seized were from Massachusetts."

Are they really that completely blind and clueless??? 🤔
Are are they just blowing smoke up the collective asses of their low-IQ and criminal DimocRAT constituents? [crying]
No. They know exactly what they are doing. They take any excuse, and use it to pass more gun control on law abiding citizens. They do not want any civilians to own guns. That's their ultimate goal.

If they could, they would instantly ban them, and confiscate. But they can't do that, so they slowly chip away, making it more expensive, more risky, more difficult to buy, own and keep them.

They are communists deep down inside.

I wonder why they don’t try a novel paradigm shift toward maybe just enforcing the current thousand of laws concerning guns that are already on the book.

Crazy concept, I know.
You can't throw good Democrat voters in jail!!! How would Biden get elected then?

"A small fraction were from Massachusetts" sure does seem a point worth quoting in an objection to 4420 and its incoming successor.

"Dear Congresscritter, Illegal guns in MA won't be curbed by 4420,. According to Boston PD, only a small fraction of the illegal guns seized were from Massachusetts."
1695125528590.png

Oh, and the so called conservative Boston Herald reported on this story with a straight face. Just quoted the press release BS about Ghost Guns, other states being the problem and of course that people could just buy the parts and assemble the guns at home with no mention of the machining required to finish the receiver.

The article states:

You are not missing anything, it doesn't curb any gun violence.

This is just bullsh*t political talk, most likely for funding, to justify their jobs, and to continue talking sh*t about guns.

Boston PD do all this already . Every firearm recovered off a criminal gets entered and processed by the firearm analysis unit . The courts don’t give a f*** and just let gang members carrying firearms/drugs off on personal or a gps ….which are easily defeated now with the most basic household items to block signals from transmitting .

It’s a joke. Until the liberal judges start holding repeat offenders responsible and sentences carry weight besides 18 months with their buddies inside South Bay nothing will change . The only hope for grabbing a gun charge is when the US attorney picks up a case and they actually deal out sentences. Like others have said it’s just political posturing and big words from the city council who don’t want the police doing shit in crime ridden neighborhoods.

Back
Top Bottom