Border Patrol Test UPDATE: Got scores

Anyone here ever taken it? I am going to Worcester tomorrow to take it.

I havent studied as much as I intended to, but i took a full practice test yesterday and got 64 out of 70. Hoping to get at least a 90 on it tomorrow...

Last edited:
The GENKNOW stuff was easy but make sure you study the hell out of the artificial language section if you dont speak spanish. THat is the part that hemmed me up.

I will be taking it again soon.

-DM-

The GENKNOW stuff was easy but make sure you study the hell out of the artificial language section if you dont speak spanish. THat is the part that hemmed me up.

I will be taking it again soon.

-DM-

Yea i definitely hear you on the ALT. That part SUCKS. The logical reasoning is generally easy if you read the questions carefully. But the first part of the ALT, where you have to translate the three words correctly is the worst.

BP in the house!!!

Yea study the "snap on" nature of translating words and how they will change tenses and or genders. I did alright on it. The academy is pretty interesting too, OC sucks. And make sure you shave off any excess poundage, they PT the snot out of you for a good while. Hmmm steak night in Artesia good times. Wednesday nights. Either way prep while you can, study hard the academy is a good 3months if your doing ALT its 5 with the spanish. I recomend study groups for Immigration law, and any other law section you need help with. I graduated with class 748, its an amazing time going through. Do what you need to do,don't ever cheat on anything don't ever lie, and don't ever give up. On runs on tests PT whatever. Its all about the attitude, and warrior mindset. Best of luck! And its one of the more amazing jobs you can ever get. Im loving it.

Delta 441

Hey guys. Took this test friday. There were probably about 20 people there taking the test. I think it went really well. The last practice i gave myself i got a 92, and i felt better about this test than my last practice. So i hope I got over a 90. The Logical reasoning was cake, but the ALT was tougher.

The said the results wont be in for 6 weeks! let the waiting begin.

Do well on the interview and not have too bad a criminal record (nowadays anyway) and you'll be good to go.

Have you checked out honorfirst.com?

ART sucks, Charleston was fun.

Last edited:
buddy of mine sent me these pics two years ago. first pic is the "rocks" the innocent little rock throwers are hurling at agents. as deadly as bullets, and yet the BP can't shoot at them.

attachment.php

the second pic is of his fellow agent left behind when he was struck in the head with one of those rocks. that agent lived, but will never work again.

attachment.php

If he's being rocked, he can defend himself. It's a tough decision considering the way politics get involved, if you have time to think about it it's probably best to not shoot. But it's well within our use of force policy.

Just want to clear that up.

A lot of jibberish on the HF site, but we try to keep it close to the facts.

If you sort out the good stuff, it will give you a pretty good heads up on what to expect physically and mentally.

thats crap.....at least on baltimore pd, if bad guys raise a spoon to us, they are left on their backs

I am going thru the pre employment stuff now. I got a 92 on the test, passed the physical and drug test. Now the investigators are doing the background checks, talking to friends and employers, etc. We'll see what happens. I know they have a high turnover rate on agents and I am hoping for a decent pay offer. I have read about guys getting started at 35k a year which just won't cut it. I make a lot more than that now.

I did the written test in Sept. and am still going thru it all. I don't want training to be in the middle of the summer in New Mexico. There were over 70 people signed up to take the test when I did and I think 21 or something around that # showed up.

I am going thru the pre employment stuff now. I got a 92 on the test, passed the physical and drug test. Now the investigators are doing the background checks, talking to friends and employers, etc. We'll see what happens. I know they have a high turnover rate on agents and I am hoping for a decent pay offer. I have read about guys getting started at 35k a year which just won't cut it. I make a lot more than that now.

I did the written test in Sept. and am still going thru it all. I don't want training to be in the middle of the summer in New Mexico. There were over 70 people signed up to take the test when I did and I think 21 or something around that # showed up.

did you apply as a GS-5 or GS-7? There isnt really a pay offer, either you go in as GS-5 GS-7 or GS-9. You can look up your base pay in whatever level u signed up. Keeping in mind I believe you have to add 25% for Uncontrolled admin overtime. have you looked at honorfirst.com?

Goodluck with everything..

did you apply as a GS-5 or GS-7? There isnt really a pay offer, either you go in as GS-5 GS-7 or GS-9. You can look up your base pay in whatever level u signed up. Keeping in mind I believe you have to add 25% for Uncontrolled admin overtime. have you looked at honorfirst.com?

Goodluck with everything..

I think GS5, I don't have a 4 year CJ degree only a 2 year. I found something online and it looks like the GS7 w/ OT makes a little over 60K a year. Thats not very promising since I make more than that now. I have been checking AZ real estate and some of the stuff seems almost unbelieveable because its so cheap. I don't want Texas. So. Cal. would be too much $ to live. I picked AZ for my area so I guess we'll see.

I think GS5, I don't have a 4 year CJ degree only a 2 year. I found something online and it looks like the GS7 w/ OT makes a little over 60K a year. Thats not very promising since I make more than that now. I have been checking AZ real estate and some of the stuff seems almost unbelieveable because its so cheap. I don't want Texas. So. Cal. would be too much $ to live. I picked AZ for my area so I guess we'll see.

I picked AZ also. Pay depends alot on location. But even with a higher paying locaton I think 60 might be steep, unless that is including a bit of overtime.

Base pay for GS-5 is ~32k.

I looked up GS-7 since thats what I am hoping to go in at if I get a job. Base pay @ GS-7 is 37k. then after Admin overtime your looking at about 46. However if you are in san diego your base would be 45 + admin OT would be about 56k.

This is all just from what I have read, there are a couple BP agents who will hopefully chime in.

Og Killah, the cost of living is a lot cheaper down there, so less pay doesn't necessarily mean a much more humble lifestyle.

Keeping in mind I believe you have to add 25% for Uncontrolled admin overtime.

That was a big reason I didn't jump on it.

Og Killah, the cost of living is a lot cheaper down there, so less pay doesn't necessarily mean a much more humble lifestyle.

That was a big reason I didn't jump on it.

Depends on where "down there" you live. Chula or IB aren't cheap by a long shot. Neither is Laredo, for that matter.

I picked AZ also. Pay depends alot on location. But even with a higher paying locaton I think 60 might be steep, unless that is including a bit of overtime.

Base pay for GS-5 is ~32k.

I looked up GS-7 since thats what I am hoping to go in at if I get a job. Base pay @ GS-7 is 37k. then after Admin overtime your looking at about 46. However if you are in san diego your base would be 45 + admin OT would be about 56k.

This is all just from what I have read, there are a couple BP agents who will hopefully chime in.

Thats all they pay? Wow I didn't think they were that cheap. I may be rethinking this one. I don't see hwo anyone anywhere in the country can live on their own for under 40K a year w/ the hope of forced OT.

Thats all they pay? Wow I didn't think they were that cheap. I may be rethinking this one. I don't see hwo anyone anywhere in the country can live on their own for under 40K a year w/ the hope of forced OT.

Journeyman grade is GS-11, much higher than a 9. You should be a 11 within 3-4 years. GS-12 is a supervisor.

Also remember that the salary is noted without AUO, which is another 25% added onto your salary, requiring you to work on average an extra 2 hours or so a day (10/week). Then tack on any locality pay and your salary is significantly higher.

Back
Top Bottom