Bodyguard 380 and Galloway precision

Yes to me the 10 rd doesn't seem practical. To big to carry as a spare and no point in training with it at the range for more fingers on the gun when in real life you carry the 6rd.

That's what I was thinking. The mag guts from Galloway seems like a better option, albeit for just 1 more round.

With less than 100 rounds of factory loads, my Bodyguard blew up in my face............lots of blood and a chipped tooth, small punctures in my face, but no tears so all healed well. The frame split in my hand. Sent it back to S&W and they are refusing to honor the warranty. In their letter--- "the LIKELY cause was due to an over pressure round." LIKELY, means they don't really know, but they will not honor the warranty based on their guess. Really pissed, time to talk to my Attorney for medical cost and the 'fear I now have of firing any other firearm built by them

Reload or factory load?

Yes to me the 10 rd doesn't seem practical. To big to carry as a spare and no point in training with it at the range for more fingers on the gun when in real life you carry the 6rd.

Not sure I understand why it's too big to carry as a spare. I haven't handled one (non in stock), but it looks pretty slim and should be light.

BTW, I love my BG380 too. Clearly I need shock therapy so I can learn anything less than a nine is suicidal.

Im mainly talking from my stand point. I hate crap in my pockets so the spare 6rd mag fits great. Well its been a thing latley in the internet word where unless its 9mm it sucks. Peoplr bash the other calibers. If you carry .45 you are dumb because you have less rounds and you're making up for something .40 people just hate on .40 yet its been getting the job done for years. And .380. No gotta be 9. Lol. Like everyone needs to carry a block 19 because there's gonna be that big Hollywood gunfight. What ever you feel comfortable carrying and you can hit with that's what you should carry. I feel comfortable with the bodyguard. I sure don't want yo get shot with a .380. Its suitable for me to stop an attacker or two. Anymore and I'm sure I'm F'd anyway whatever I have. And I don't plan to go looking yo stop some active shooter situation. My goal it to save my life and my families.

I ordered the heavy mainspring for my BG but haven't received it yet. I like the BG but I don't like the recoil it has. Not quite as bad as the PF9 but bad enough to be anoying. If the heavier spring helps any at all I will welcome it. The real remedy may be to just start reloading for the 380 and make some light practice loads. The heavy trigger is no problem for me as I have shot my share of heavy triggered revolvers...Not sure how long I will keep the BG because I mostly carry my 9 mm Shield IWB. The Shield is the best thing that S &W has ever built. They really beat Glock to the punch on the Shield. It is everthing you ever wished your G26 was!

I ordered the heavy mainspring for my BG but haven't received it yet. I like the BG but I don't like the recoil it has. Not quite as bad as the PF9 but bad enough to be anoying. If the heavier spring helps any at all I will welcome it. The real remedy may be to just start reloading for the 380 and make some light practice loads. The heavy trigger is no problem for me as I have shot my share of heavy triggered revolvers...Not sure how long I will keep the BG because I mostly carry my 9 mm Shield IWB. The Shield is the best thing that S &W has ever built. They really beat Glock to the punch on the Shield. It is everthing you ever wished your G26 was!

curious as to why/how you feel they beat Glock to the punch?

beating Glock to the punch

curious as to why/how you feel they beat Glock to the punch?

It is obvious to me how S & W beat Glock to the punch with the Shield. They made a thinner single stack that is in my opinion a better gun than the Glock 26. If you want to argue the two or three extra rounds that is fine but I won't debate it. For me the Shield is a better design all around for concealed carry.

Back
Top Bottom