Boat rentals on the cape?

pj150

NES Member
Anyone know of any boat livery in the cape area? I used to rent a skiff a few times a year down at Maco's but I called them this AM and they said they are out of that business. [angry][crying][angry]

I think there was Mary's on the North river and another place in PLymouth harbor but that was a real long time ago. I'd like to stick with Buzzard's Bay if I can.

Argh, I might have to pony up some cash for a charter or go on those party boats which I hate just to get a fishing fix with my college buddy who is coming up to visit me this weekend.

Any chance I can do a two day demo of a center console from BPS?[laugh]

Mary's is still running their boat livery on the North River. Saw a few of their skiffs on the river this past weekend. They are on the Marshfield side of the Rt 3A bridge, can't miss them. The water's a little cold for swimming at the spit, though that didn't stop my kids. There were a lot (considering the time of year) of boats out fishing in the river too.

-Nat

Actually I did find a couple of places that rent power boats. Kinda pricey at $400 a day + gas and security deposit just to catch our 10 scup/porgie limit.

Ugh. At this point it may be worthwhile to just buy a buy a small boat. Just a couple of trips will justify the cost of the boat.

Mary's should be considerably cheaper than that since they just rent out skiffs with small horsepower engines only suitable for use in the river. I just checked and they charge $100 for a full day.
http://www.marysboatlivery.com/RentalServices.html

I'm somewhat biased since I grew up on the North River and know the Duffy family but I highly recommend their operation. I don't fish so I can't tell you exactly what and when is running but when the stripers are running a TON of boats fish for them right in the river.

-Nat

Last edited:
There is a place in Plymouth right on 3A called Atlantic Boats that rents. Never tried it but they have been there a long time and sell used/refurbished outboards as well. I have a nice 12' Lund for sale to if you are really looking that way

Mary's should be considerably cheaper than that since they just rent out skiffs with small horsepower engines only suitable for use in the river. I just checked and they charge $100 for a full day.
http://www.marysboatlivery.com/RentalServices.html

I'm somewhat biased since I grew up on the North River and know the Duffy family but I highly recommend their operation. I don't fish so I can't tell you exactly what and when is running but when the stripers are running a TON of boats fish for them right in the river.

-Nat

Nat, We must have met at some point. I grew up on the river at the Union St/River St bridge and have known the duffy's since the mid 80's. I was Pats best man at his wedding last Feb.

If you decide to rent on the weekend call in advance to reserve a boat, most will be out on a good weekend.

Just an update. I found Atlantic boat livery in Onset. Rented a 15ft powerboat and it was nice puttering around BBay. Just about $200 in rental fees and gas for the day. They also have 18ft and 21 ft CC for rent as well. Fish are out there but you had to find them. Cleaned up on giant, I mean really GIANT Black seabass (28"+ @ 9lbs) and a few dinner plate sized scup (15"+). Didn't catch much of anything else except for a few throwbacks including fluke, a small blue and a couple of dogfish.

Back
Top Bottom