Blood tracking lights

Has anyone had luck with any particular blood tracking light? I've been researching some and I've got a couple buddies who swear by the outrigger outdoors blood tracking light. Has anyone used this light or something similar? I'll probably go ahead and order one but want to hear feedback!

Here's the light: Blood Hound Blood Tracking Light

Don't waste your money. I've never seen one that did anything. I've tried a couple to see how they wrked and 've never used the same one twice. I used them on known blood trails and didn't notice anything different than a bright light.

Learn to follow blood trails and have fun. I personally love the tracking part. I've done some very difficult tracking and while it can be frustrating it was always a lot of fun in the end.

I don't like them. I would rather have an ultra bright headlamp. Something in the 900 lumens range and something in the more warmer temp range - like 2700K to 3000K. Several options on Amazon for not a lot of change. That makes the red pop more when the light hits it. Also learn how deer use the land and how/where a deer will bolt to after the shot. That helps too if you lose the trail... for example it's common for deer to run to and lay in water after being shot. It's just a small piece of the puzzle, but combined with something like the deer's last known direction when the trail is lost it can help you determine where to focus your grid search.

Back
Top Bottom