Blackwater Firearms Company - Hudson, NH

Hi All,

Just wanted to post about a good experience at Blackwater in Hudson. I had a Sako TRG-22 transferred there, and was treated nicely. It was a smooth transaction, and all of the staff I encountered were friendly, and helpful. The shop called me when my rifle arrived, and they were quick about faxing their FFL info to the dealer I purchased from.
Also, the owner gave me some great tips on matching a scope to the rifle, and didn't try to pressure me into buying anything.

After being treated rudely at another shop(Lee's in Hudson), it was nice to find a shop where customer service is a priority.

Regards,
BC

I was here today and spoke with Ron for around a half hour. He gave me the grand tour and even showed me the indoor simulation range. You can even fire ARs and AKs in this indoor range. You can use stationary or virtual targets. How cool is that. They even have a promo on their website where you get 15 minutes in the range for free with the purchase of a $750 or more firearm. They are new so not much in the way of accessories yet but give it time. Definitely one of the nicest shops I've ever been in. I'd recommend stopping in and definitely inquire about the simulation range.

To new posters that came off like a paid advertisement. Forgive me if I'm wrong, but do either of you work there?i have been in there and I do agree that the staff is helpful and courteous. I like replace and will shop there again. I bought an Eotech 512 from them.

You are wrong and I forgive you. I felt like a (un)paid advertisement writing the review but the place was so nice and Ron was so helpful I was obliged to leave a highly positive review. PM me and I'll give you a link to my business and maybe you can come by my place. I'm only a few minutes south of you on RT3. I assure you my business is just as totally awesome as Blackwater but giving the name of my business in the open forums would not be ethical. I wonder if NES would allow a non-gun related advertiser? [smile]

P.S. I own the same Eotech plus the g33.sts. Love em both.

You are wrong and I forgive you. I felt like a (un)paid advertisement writing the review but the place was so nice and Ron was so helpful I was obliged to leave a highly positive review. PM me and I'll give you a link to my business and maybe you can come by my place. I'm only a few minutes south of you on RT3. I assure you my business is just as totally awesome as Blackwater but giving the name of my business in the open forums would not be ethical. I wonder if NES would allow a non-gun related advertiser? [smile]

P.S. I own the same Eotech plus the g33.sts. Love em both.

I take your word for it. Welcome to NES.[cheers]

I have been in Blackwater a few times and its always been good. I really like the fact that its bigger then a shoe box. It's focused on tactical shooters, but I'm sure the hunter would find something as well

Called 2 days ago looking for a Henry Survival rifle which is extremely hard to find. The girl was very helpful to me and is looking around for one. I have to say, during this climate she made me feel welcome. The other shops I called gave me stupid answers and scoffs. Oh well. I will be shopping here again for sure.

I certainly don't work there or even know anyone working there personally. I just wanted to point out a good customer expereince, especially since I have had so many poor ones at a couple other shops.

Visited the shop Saturday looking to make my first handgun purchase. Didn't have the model I was looking for.
The gentleman that helped me was extremely informative and patient. I explained my lack of knowledge and he gave me some great advice. They had lots of rifles and handguns. Not much MA compliant stuff though. Only 22 rifles.
I will be back there soon to check up on their new inventory.
Thanks Blackwater

I've used the indoor range/simulator about 4 times now. Lots of fun. Expensive and habit forming. Really worth doing it at least once.

Thanks for the review. I always forget about that place until I happen to drive by.

Another great customer service experience. I didn't buy anything but I did order a gun. I hope it comes in soon.
Lots of Free State guns to choose from.

Called 2 days ago looking for a Henry Survival rifle which is extremely hard to find. The girl was very helpful to me and is looking around for one. I have to say, during this climate she made me feel welcome. The other shops I called gave me stupid answers and scoffs. Oh well. I will be shopping here again for sure.

MFS just sent an email saying they have a bunch of them

Can ma residents but handguns in NH?

1st they have to be mass compliant. (pass mass saftey checks, and cant have more than 10 rounds) then you will have to pay to have it shipped to an ffl in mass and pay for the transfer fee ($35) so its really not worth it unless you find an amazing deal which I dont given everything is going for top dollar.

What exactly are you looking for?

I was back again a couple of days ago and I spoke with Eric. He was very friendly, informative and helpful but unfortunately for me they did not haev in stock what I was looking for which was basically anything *used* that fired a .308. They don't have much for used guns yet but from the sounds of it they plan to accumulate a used inventory as time goes by. It is close to home for me and the people are friendly plus what I'm buying most often is ammo so with Blackwater, Petes and WalMart all so close together it definitely increases your chances of finding what you're looking for. Oh, and did I mention how incredible their indoor virtual range is?

Checked it out today. Place seemed decent, and more than willing to help. Well stocked with cross breed holsters, for those looking.

Picked up a Henry US Survival rifle at Mass Firearms School a couple weeks ago. It's running mint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paid for a gun there Sunday. Couldn't get it transferred that day, fine. I have now called twice asking someone to meet me at the transfer station and both times I have people saying the guy can't do it at that time and we will call you when we can do it. ****in serious? I just want my goddamn Sig p220. Will not be buying another gun from there. Probably fine if you live in NH.

On a side note I got my gun transferred today. The guy was awesome and brought up the fact that I shouldve got a card as soon as i bought the gun so I could call and setup a time to meet him. Instead I kept getting the answer o he will call when he can. Called him this morning, got it transferred this evening.

Stopped by today. They have a ton of PMC 223 brass cased bulk 1000 cases for $6somethingsomething (less than $700). Seemed reasonable compared to the gougers around here. They have MA compliant ARs on the wall, but I was mostly looking at 308 bolt actions. Nice clean friendly shop.

Hope nobody has any gift cards to this place. They just announced that today was their last day 2hrs ago....Anyone hear about product being liquidated?

Hope nobody has any gift cards to this place. They just announced that today was their last day 2hrs ago....Anyone hear about product being liquidated?

Look at their facebook page, they said they will refund any gift cards.

I stopped by once, sky high prices and too tacticool for me. I asked about AR-10s and was met with a blank stare.

Chris

I don't know why they closed, sorry to see any gun shop close, but I guess there business/prices didn't draw in a following to keep the doors open.
Its just a shame they couldn't be stand up enough to tell people they were closing and give some advance notice. I am sure people had business in process with Blackwater.... pretty poor of them to leave people hanging out to dry. Guess if that's how they treated their customers, no wonder they went out of business. Well on the good side there are still lots of great shops open!

Just tell me Pete's Gun & Tackle is still there, or I'll be inconsolable

I always did get a weird vibe from this place, almost like they were trying to hard to not be your stereotypical LGS. Like they looked across the street at [thread=76749]Pete's Gun & Tackle[/thread] and said to themselves "We want to be the exact opposite of that".

Back
Top Bottom