Black bear in Dover MA.

I heard a black bear was spotted in Dover . Any one else hear anything abot it . I wonder if there is a small population of them in this area [ Dover , Sherborn , Natick ] ?

My friend who lives right on the West Boylston / Worcester border, close to Rte 190, has had one in his backyard several times these last two weeks. Area could hardly be called a wooded area but apparrently the bear likes all the bird feeders in the area.

http://telegram.com/article/20090601/NEWS/906019991/1116

BEAR MAKES WAY TO HUBBARDSTON BACKYARD

HUBBARDSTON — The Johnson family had an unexpected guest for Sunday dinner.

Yesterday afternoon, a black bear ambled into the backyard of the family's home on Healdville Road. The bear made its way to a bird feeder that dangles from a clothesline about 25 feet from the house.

It dined on the seeds for 30 minutes, unfazed by the Johnsons' barking dog and the clicking of Karen Johnson's camera.

The photo above was taken from the doorway of a walkout basement. She used a telephoto lens.

Taking pictures of wildlife is a hobby of Mrs. Johnson's.

"He was there a good half-hour," she said. "He was just sitting, like a human, licking the birdfeeder."

Done, the bear returned to the woods that border the backyard.

There are black bear pretty much all over the state....except where you happen to sit down an hunt for them!

There was one walking up the road toward my work last wed in Rutland. Not really cool it's a school in the middle of nowere with kids that would prob think they could go pet it.

I'm surprised I haven't seen one in my yard yet. But I've seen a couple crossing the road in the general vicinity. They're at nuisance level in terms of quantity, but well behaved, so far.

I drove through Dover on the way home. Tonight I saw a fox cross the road. That is not something I've seen often, but I have seen it twice now in the past week.

The interesting part was about 100 feet past the place in the road where I saw the fox was a sign hanging on a telephone pole saying "Missing Cat"...

OOOOPS.....

[grin]

Rich

The politicians really need to pass laws against these bears coming in populated areas. If there is a law against it then clearly it will magically stop them from coming in the cities.[laugh]

I am sure that Doverites are beside themselves that a BLACK bear may have tried to take up residence in their fine locale.. They must be on the edge and ready dump their properties in favor of something where this just does not happen...

Next thing you know they'll be trying to get memberships at the country clubs.. Trying to upstage them buying better Bently..Doverites just would not take that kind of thing lying down (or playing dead)!!

A, nice, white polar bear? Ok.. A Brown bear, maybe in another 20 years. But, a Black Bear? In Dover?? no way!!

(for any of you Dover people.. this is a joke).

Last edited:
[wink]
I am sure that Doverites are beside themselves that a BLACK bear may have tried to take up residence in their fine locale.. They must be on the edge and ready dump their properties in favor of something where this just does not happen...

Next thing you know they'll be trying to get memberships at the country clubs.. Trying to upstage them buying better Bently..Doverites just would not take that kind of thing lying down (or playing dead)!!

A, nice, white polar bear? Ok.. A Brown bear, maybe in another 20 years. But, a Black Bear? In Dover?? no way!!

(for any of you Dover people.. this is a joke).

You don't have this kind of thing going on in Sherborn, I bet! [wink]

That ain't nuthin'!

Bear-1.jpg

http://northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=959946&postcount=45

Back
Top Bottom