Billerica R & G

I don't recall ever seeing someone here post that they are a member of that club. (I did some searching on here when I was looking for what clubs to join.) Maybe there's one... somewhere.

Billerica Rod & Gun Info.

Billerica Rod & Gun

216 Pond Street
Billerica MA 01821

(978) 667-9378

Facilities: Outdoor rifle, indoor pistol (no magnum loads, .22 rifles allowed) trap on Sundays
$170 ($90 dues/$80 initiation) 2 meetings required.

Meetings: 1st & 3rd Tuesday of each month except July & August

Directions: Route 129 to Pond St.​

I've shot there before. I wasn't impressed with the facilities, and they had some restrictions that left a bad taste in my mouth.

Thanks.

I'm looking for an easy to join/cheap club near Billerica so I can take co-workers shooting occaionally. This sounds like neither....

I am a member of Mass Rifle in Woburn and it works well for me.

I was/am interested in Billerica Rod and Gun because it's closer to my home. I think you should drop in for a tour on Sunday before you make any judgements. I met some nice people there. The 50ft indoor range was well lit and clean. You can't shoot magnums but, I think they had 4 lanes for jacketed ammo and 6 lead only. They love to shoot trap on Sundays mornings. The 100yd rifle range can't be used when they are shooting trap because it's down range from the trap field. You also need to have/be a range officer when using it. It does seem like a pretty social place if that has value for you.

I actually live really close to Woburn Sportsman but, everyone keeps saying that's not the place to go. Something about rampant grumpy old guy syndrome...

Billerica R&G is MUCH closer to where I live, but I proudly belong to Westford Sportsman's. It's a great club, with great members. No dumb restrictions.

Same here, Westford is the nearest club that I was willing to join, and I'm happy I did. There are several closer including Billerica R & G but I couldn't find too much enthusiasm from people for any of them.

MRA was about the same distance as Westford but I wanted a more remote woodsy feel to the club. I just have trouble thinking about remote wilderness while at the same time thinking about Woburn. (Nothing wrong with Woburn, its just rather busy!)

Billerica R&G is MUCH closer to where I live, but I proudly belong to Westford Sportsman's. It's a great club, with great members. No dumb restrictions.

Adam, what are the rules around guests? Are there significant restrictions around number of times a year a guest can come, how many guests a member can bring each month, etc?

Thanks.

Adam, what are the rules around guests? Are there significant restrictions around number of times a year a guest can come, how many guests a member can bring each month, etc?

Thanks.

From the club rules..

Members are allowed two guests at a time; guests may visit the range areas twice, after which they must apply
to join the WSC. Immediate family members are not restricted in the number of visits, but must still be under the
direct supervision of a Club member at all times.

For what it's worth . . .

If I may take a moment to interject my experience with the club in question. I’m not a member of the Billerica club but I have competed there for many years a while back and must say that I have never found a friendlier group of sportsmen. They were the most accommodating club amongst many that I’ve had the pleasure to know and compete against.

There was a gun club in a town near the Billerica Gun Club that had a fire and couldn’t carry on with activities and the Billerica club came through for them like gangbusters. They were truly saviors in a desperate time of need. I believe restrictions on shooting there are because they have had neighbors around them that have caused them some grief. I have heard they had to shut down some shooting or shooting times to accommodate the neighbors. Perhaps someone from their club could expand upon this?

I remember different years when we were through with the match competition, they would set out a feed for both teams. It was the spoils of a hunting trip they had and we had a grand ol’ time carousing and gobbling up a tasty meal of venison chili and venison sausage. They were like family or an extension or our own gun club. I just had to put a word out here about the fond memories I have about a club that has taken some “perceived” slight knocks. God Bless the fine folks of the Billerica Rod & Gun Club.

Back
Top Bottom