Bill Russell arrested after loaded gun was found in carry-on bag at airport

Bill Russell arrested after loaded gun was found in carry-on bag at airport

Legendary NBA center Bill Russell was arrested Wednesday at the Seattle-Tacoma (Sea-Tac) Airport when a loaded handgun was allegedly found in his luggage, according to multiple reports.

KING-5 News and KIRO-TV in Seattle both report that Russell, 79, was arrested after a loaded .38-caliber handgun was found during a Transportation Security Administration screening of his carry-on bag.

Russell reportedly had a permit for the weapon, which was confiscated. KIRO-TV reported that Russell, who has since been released, was cited by the Port of Seattle for carrying a weapon in a prohibited area and that the TSA will assess a monetary penalty.

Maybe they'll just have Bill sign a few autographs then let him go. [rolleyes]

BTW, during his career, he almost never signed any autographs, making his one of the rarest in all of professional sports.

He was also a huge jerk and a racist, and not known as being a nice guy.
(yes, there are black racists)

Doing The Wrong Thing: Does Bill Russell Really Deserve A Statue In Boston? | VDARE.com

But however much Bill Russell may have been a great team player on the court, he was an unabashed prima donna off of it. He often refused to practice, preferring to sit in the stands and drink tea as his teammates hustled through drills. He wore fancy suits, draped himself in a grand, flowing black cape, and drove a Lamborghini.

Most infamously, Bill Russell refused to sign autographs for the fans, even for children. He once described autograph seeking kids as "little monsters out hunting scalps".

The Boston sports media made much of Russell's refusal to sign autographs, and it led to considerable tension between himself and the fans.

In 1964, Bill Russell told the Saturday Evening Post

"What I'm resentful of, you know, is when they say that you owe the public this and you owe the public that. You owe the public the same thing it owes you. Nothing! . . . I refuse to smile and be nice to the kiddies." [I Owe The Public Nothing, January 18, 1964]

Let's face it: that "public" was largely made up of white people. And their support for the Celtics made Bill Russell the league's highest paid player, and one of the wealthiest black men in the country.

In an interview the previous year with Sports Illustrated, Bill Russell was even blunter: "I dislike most white people because they are people. As opposed to dislike, I like most black people because they are black."

At least he has good taste in firearms:

A spokeswoman for the Transportation Security Administration said the loaded .38 caliber Smith & Wesson was detected during routine screening of carry-on luggage.

Maybe they'll just have Bill sign a few autographs then let him go. [rolleyes]

BTW, during his career, he almost never signed any autographs, making his one of the rarest in all of professional sports.

He was also a huge jerk and a racist, and not known as being a nice guy.
(yes, there are black racists)

Doing The Wrong Thing: Does Bill Russell Really Deserve A Statue In Boston? | VDARE.com

As a percentage there are multiple times more racist black people than white.

Russell is better than he was but I don't think he's a big fan of whites. Ironic too since his biggest fans are all white and his entire lifestyle is because of whites. Russell is also a HUGE liberal and big obama fanboy.

As a percentage there are multiple times more racist black people than white.

Russell is better than he was but I don't think he's a big fan of whites. Ironic too since his biggest fans are all white and his entire lifestyle is because of whites. Russell is also a HUGE liberal and big obama fanboy.

Funny how liberals will always find an exemption for themselves on gun ownership.

Almost did the same thing in SeaTac! Came within 5 feet of the security gizmo before I remembered I had my ruger blackhawk .45 colt in my bag.
I just came back from Alaska and completely forgot I stashed it there.
Not being a former world champian Celtic....I would not have been going anywhere soon if they caught me

Funny how liberals will always find an exemption for themselves on gun ownership.
And being an Obama-loving black liberal, he will get off with barely a slap on the wrist, if that. He will not lose his gun license (as we would, instantly and forever). He might even get another "Presidential Medal of Freedom" from Barry for his trouble. [thinking]

What's the actual law here? I know you cannot carry a gun, loaded or not, in your carry on. You can, unloaded and in a locked container in your check in. But assume you are heading from the range and forgot about a gun. Is it like a bottle of water that you figure out what to do with and return, assuming you were not breaking any laws having the gun in the first place? What about ammunition? Those pesky rounds can get lodged in so many places...

How did he get it to Seattle in the first place?

Is it legal for him to CCW in Washington state?

What licenses does he have?

If he is a Mass resident, will he lose his LTC?

And being an Obama-loving black liberal, he will get off with barely a slap on the wrist, if that. He will not lose his gun license (as we would, instantly and forever). He might even get another "Presidential Medal of Freedom" from Barry for his trouble. [thinking]

which was given to a man that publicly came out and said

"I dislike most white people because they are people ... I like most blacks because I am black".

Normally id find this situation bullshit but i hope he gets screwed to the fullest extent of the law or whatever they are perceiving it to be. he's a douche.

How did he get it to Seattle in the first place?

Is it legal for him to CCW in Washington state?

What licenses does he have?

If he is a Mass resident, will he lose his LTC?

Russell has lived in the Seattle area for at least 20 years. The fact that he was allowed to continue his travels instead of going to jail as others have, shows he received "special" treatment.

eei reports he received a "citation" and issued a public statement of how nice and professional the TSA throughout the incident.

I double dog dare any one of you guys to try the same thing at Logan.

I wonder what model his gun was... imagine a guy his size with hands that big holding/shooting a j-frame. It would be like a derringer to him. His pocket gun is probably a 686 ;-)

eei reports he received a "citation" and issued a public statement of how nice and professional the TSA throughout the incident.

I double dog dare any one of you guys to try the same thing at Logan.
He didn't even miss his flight. Can you imagine? How nice of the TSA to do that for him.

I'm sure they would do that for any of us... right? [thinking]

greatest defensive center in the history of the nba

also a rascist---screw him-- i have no respect for racists be they black or white

In the wake of his controversial statements, some thugs broke into Russell's home, sprayed racist graffiti on the walls, and even defecated into his bed.Bill Russell blamed white racism for the crime, and who can argue? Still, when you express such hostility for the fans, you shouldn't be surprised when some of them reciprocate. No other black Celtics had their homes vandalized.
Incidentally, despite Bill Russell's professed disdain for whites, he has always preferred to live in white neighborhoods, and to date white women. He even married two white women, including Miss USA 1968.
Despite such controversies, the Celtics made Bill Russell the first African-American to coach a major league professional sports team in 1966.
Russell initially planned to retire to Liberia. He had been involved in the Black Power Movement and even named his daughter after Kenyan dictator Jomo Kenyatta, a leader of the Mau Mau rebellion against British rule. But he abandoned the idea after he lost a fortune investing in a Liberian rubber plant.

http://www.vdare.com/articles/doing...ill-russell-really-deserve-a-statue-in-boston

What a hypocrite. He hates white people but lived in nice white areas and dated white women. There a saying, "hate the white man, but love the white women". As usual there a double standard when it comes to blacks. Imagine a white athlete saying "I hate black people".

you-dont-know-what-its-like-to-have-to-hang-out-with-white-people-all-day.jpg

Back
Top Bottom