Big Chain Stores

Not anymore. Sports Authority used to, but went completely out of the firearms business. Galyans did as well, but they got bought out by Dicks.

Bass Pro sells handguns in Foxboro. Don't look for Glocks though.

Edit: My bad. Read the post wrong. No big chain stores in MA. Hit the local shops, and you'll get a MUCH better price.

Last edited:
I'll support the local store as long as they're not gouging prices. Besides, other than the Mossberg 500 I got last week at Dick's and my Beretta AL391 (which I got wholesale, not from a chain), the chain stores don't carry what I want.

I think everyone should spend $30 in gas driving someplace in order to avoid spending $25 more for a gun at a local store. It only makes sense[wink]

Especially when it's to buy from a place that doesn't care about your or your sport, as opposed to a local shop that supports both.

Especially when it's to buy from a place that doesn't care about your or your sport, as opposed to a local shop that supports both.

Does it matter if the people working there do??? And it would also depend on what your sport might be...be careful of blanket comments.

While your sport might be IDPA, someone elses might be Skeet..or Hunting.

Does it matter if the people working there do??? And it would also depend on what your sport might be...be careful of blanket comments.

While your sport might be IDPA, someone elses might be Skeet..or Hunting.

OK, what gun sports do our local "big box" stores support?

Specifics, please.

OK, what gun sports do our local "big box" stores support?

Specifics, please.

Well, if you consider Bass Pro a big box store... They do a lot for the shooting sports. And not only here in MA.

Not only do they do the Mass Wildlife Hunter Safety class....They let us use the class room to teach the Basic Pistol course free of charge. They also take all our registrations, promote the class for us, and print up the fliers that we hand out.

They have been major sponsors to several charity shooting events.

They have donated equipment to several hunting, trap, and other shooting events.

They launched a Hunting and Shooting Sports Heritage Trust program many years ago.

They sponsored several of the US Olympic Shooters. One being Haley Dunn, 2008 bronze medal winner in International Skeet Shooting.

They work with the NSSF and sponsor several "Project Childsafe" seminars.

They even approached Jamie and I to work with GOAL to teach several "Eddie Eagle" classes as they acknowledged that schools no longer teach that program. They said that they feel that there should be more education to children regarding Child Safety.

If you want me to keep going...I can. I've learned a lot about Bass Pro and their sponsorship to the shooting sports that I didn't know about since I started working there.

Bass Pro sells handguns in Foxboro. Don't look for Glocks though.

Edit: My bad. Read the post wrong. No big chain stores in MA. Hit the local shops, and you'll get a MUCH better price.

Has this changed since they opened (C-pher?). I went there, maybe last February and they had plenty of hand guns in the cases.

Bill

Back
Top Bottom