• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Biddeford ME APR 29-30

If you go thru Kennebunkport at a big intersection on the right hand side there is a group of stores and the first one before the intersection is a pizza/grinder shop its got excellent food and is reasonably priced too. I forget the name of the place we stop there on every visit to maine.

BlkHawk73 said:
Worth it? It's just a 20 minute drive for me and I don't go. that say anything?

[grin] Sounds kinda like what the Seattle stocking gun-dealers used to say about the monthly WACA 1000 table show at Puyallup WA.[grin]
This one's only 175 tables, but it will probably be more fun than no gun show at all. Then again, I usually approach gun shows from an entertainment POV. I'll bring a pistol and a rifle for trading stock, but I won't be disappointed if they return home with me.

This will be the second time I attend a DiPrete show. I did try the DiPrete show last year in Augusta, and it was pretty good for a middling-sized show.

Green_Manelishi said:
Is it worth the drive? Is it interesting guns and ammo, or junk?

I used to get a table there, but I stopped a couple of years ago. I don't even go as a patron to that one.

Shoes

Seabrook is about that size, maybe slightly smaller. I go though the show in a half hour. [sad]

(Guess the title should be shows)

Green_Manelishi said:
Is it worth the drive? Is it interesting guns and ammo, or junk?
I enjoyed it. There were 3 different ammo guys, and 2 reloader suppliers; one Class III guy, and the rest had a good assortment of stuff. (two passes at each table = 3 hrs ttl)

The usual suspects were well-represented; rugers, bushmasters, Saiga, RomAKs, SKS', SMLEs, etc. Winchesters & mil-surps were everywhere. I like Star & AMTs, so I was pleased to see one Destroyer, a handful of Super Bs, & a few Firestars (they were all .40 unfortunately).

I may head back tomorrow before noon to see what's still there. For a discount, i might be able to help someone lighten the load for their return run.

I'm hoping to stop by there tomorrow. If the class III dealer is who I'm thinking of, Phil, he's a great guy to deal with.

Did you notice any DPMS dealers?

CD

cdkayak said:
I'm hoping to stop by there tomorrow. If the class III dealer is who I'm thinking of, Phil, he's a great guy to deal with.

CD

Sorry, CD. I really wasn't looking too closely at the ARs, so I don't know if there were any DPMS dealers. IIRC, there was a DPMS dealer at Augusta last year; and I did not see him at this show today. Don't know if that helps.

cdkayak said:

CD

Yes, it was Phil; and I have bought a few guns from him at the Sanford show over the years. My favorite was a short AMT 22 Automag.

Looked closer today, and didn't see a DPMS dealer. There was one Stag dealer with lowers and a few assembled rifles; and a few guys throughout with all sorts of good aftermarket AR15 accessories.

I really got the feeling this was a buyer's show: Very few (3, 4, none?) non-gun or non-ammo tables. Lots of good ammo sources too. A couple of vendors said this was one of the better sized crowds they've had in attendance at Biddeford.

Was kinda surprised that the DiPretes run such a taught ship; vendors are required to be there for the duration; no shutting down at 12Noon on Sunday to get home quicker.

Also bumped into 3 local gun club presidents while I was there. [grin]

I had two neighbor teens helping me haul stuff around at the show, as I'm still stumping around on crutches.[frown] I was able to purchase their assistance for a swiss bayonet each, and Wendy's afterward.

Back
Top Bottom