Biathlon @ Harvard Sportsmen Club Schedule

colt_fan

NES Member
For those that want to try something a little different or perhaps introduce family members to firearms in a different light. Format of the races is as follows:
Run
Prone Shoot
Run
Offhand Shoot
Run

Bolt action 22lr rifles are used in this event to shoot at targets the size of a silver dollar prone and a tea cup saucer offhand.

Race Dates - Summer League Registration times are between 8:30 a.m. and 9:30 a.m.
4.1k Saturday, 25-July-2009 in Harvard, MA
4.1k Saturday, 01-August-2009 in Harvard, MA

Practices
6:30 p.m. Friday, 24-July-2009 practice and set-up at 65-yd. IPSC range
6:30 p.m. Friday, 31-July-2009 practice and set-up at 65-yd. IPSC range

I think I can make the August 1st one. How do I sign up? Show up on Saturday morning? or, Friday evening at the practice? Thanks.

It would be REAL cool if they did a true one with XC skiing in the Winter.

Anyone know of any place that does that in MA?

That would make a GREAT Olympic training venue. Imagine, a world class Olympic training facility in Harvard?

I think I can make the August 1st one. How do I sign up? Show up on Saturday morning? or, Friday evening at the practice? Thanks.

2009 HSC Summer Biathlon

Saturday, 25-Jul-2009
Saturday, 01-Aug-2009

Start time for MA & NH 10:30 a.m.
Sight-in 9:15 to 10:15 a.m.
Registration 8:30 to 9:30 a.m.

HSC Members $15.00 for all 3
Non-members $15.00 for 1-event / $30.00 for all 3

The Fri nights we set up the range for the race followed by a little bit of shooting. These are free and open to everyone. If you need a loaner rifle, we have a few that can be used.

It would be REAL cool if they did a true one with XC skiing in the Winter.

Anyone know of any place that does that in MA?

That would make a GREAT Olympic training venue. Imagine, a world class Olympic training facility in Harvard?

We are in the process of getting winter Biathlon started at Harvard. But we are limited because of the lack of grooming equipment. Hopefully this winter, snow permitting, I'll be out there with a snowmobile packing down trails to ski on.

There are plans for a complete Nordic Center to be built in NH on the MA line. Tentative plans are to include a 20 point Biathlon range. But tentative is the operative word, it will all be dependent how much people will help fund this initiative. I believe that it is a non-profit group that is doing this and the ED and VP of USA Biathlon have visited the proposed site.

If it is going to be of Olympic proportions, I bet you could get some "Olympic type" donations. In fact, I bet there are grants to be had. If nothing else, I bet Romney would help back it.

Must you own your own bolt action .22? How about a slide action .22? Are most of them scoped or do people use iron sights?

Rifle must be a bolt action 22lr rifle, it can be either single shot or magazine fed. 5 cartridges per magazine.

Back
Top Bottom