Best place to buy reloading supplies Eastern Maine

mac1911

NES Member
Friend is traveling along east side of Maine going up approx 3-4hrs from Boston.
Shops along the way that lean heavy on reloading gear.

It's been awhile, but I usually hit Kittery Trading Post (since I could get a semi in there). Often they had some discounted items on the counter near the powders and other reloading gear.
There was a shop in Winslow, that had an abundance of die sets, but I don't recall other items. Seemed to have a bunch of lever guns. Jim's 69 Bay Street. Search shows two other shops in that area, too. Don't know about them...
https://www.google.com/webhp?source...=lf:1,lf_ui:2&rlfi=hd:;si:3798390813377614703

I have not been impressed with KTP in a while for reloading. I can't remember the last time they had any powders in stock that I was interested in. 20 years ago I used to swear by KTP and make regular trips there however not anymore.

If your friend is heading up as far as Portland he should swing by the Cabelas in Scarborough. I know some people have issues with Cabelas however I have found the one in Scarborough better stocked than the one in Berlin and the prices are not out of control. I was there a week ago and the powder selection wasn't to bad. They have problems keeping some primers in stock especially small pistol. I wouldn't make a special trip to go there however if you are in the area it is worth a stop.

I have not been impressed with KTP in a while for reloading. I can't remember the last time they had any powders in stock that I was interested in. 20 years ago I used to swear by KTP and make regular trips there however not anymore.

If your friend is heading up as far as Portland he should swing by the Cabelas in Scarborough. I know some people have issues with Cabelas however I have found the one in Scarborough better stocked than the one in Berlin and the prices are not out of control. I was there a week ago and the powder selection wasn't to bad. They have problems keeping some primers in stock especially small pistol. I wouldn't make a special trip to go there however if you are in the area it is worth a stop.
Doubt he will hit the big stores ......so I told him to use his smaht fone and google map gun stores and see what he comes up with.

I'd recommend he take rt 202 back from Saco ME into NH over towards Hooksett. Rt 202 towards Rochester and then 11 towards Alton to 28 towards Concord/Hooksett is loaded with gun shops. Too many to cover in one day. Some shops like Coyote Outfitters in Rochester NH don't carry reloading supplies (at least not since I was last in there) but it is a nice shop to visit. Hooksett has the twin prizes of Riley's and Shooters Outpost.

Back
Top Bottom