• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Best GLOVES for Handguns - Protection against Failures

Just chiming to to second (or third at this point) the PIG gloves from SKD-TAC. They fit like a second skin. Durability is "ok" given the cost, but it's the closest thing to wearin' nothin'. Treat them like your magazines: a disposable, replaceable resource.

Don't know how much they'll protect you from a given KB, but wearing a glove for that would be like walking around with a grounding rod stuck down your pants to protect against a lightning strike...

Years ago there was an American Company called South West Motor Sports that made great products for reasonable money, they were priced a little higher than Mechanix wear.

They were bought by Camelbak, I have not tried them since.

I have some Mechanixwear and some Outdoor Research that I like. Mostly because they fit me well.

I mostly use them and the oils from my hands could tarnish pure gold. Even coated stainless rusts if I do not clean religiously after shooting.

Most eye pro has UV resistance, so you should be wearing it while you're outside anyway. Evening and it's windy? Keeps the salt and sand out of your eyeballs. I'd be interested in a good pair of thin protective gloves for day to day activities, my hands get pretty cut up working on instrument hardware. As for the kaboom potential, clean your gats, inspect for failures, pay attention while shooting, don't run nuclear hot ammo.

In the Marines we use Flight gloves or the mechanix gloves, not looking for protection of exploding pistols but more environmental scrapes.... I fully agree with Cloverleaf on recommended factory ammo. I shoot a M&P and a 1911 and shoot govt ball ammo, nothing fancy but I know my rounds are reliable

Wear the same gloves you would have outside because if you have fat fingers ones that don't fit in the trigger you'd rather find that out in the . Then getting stabbed by a guy living in a van down by the river

i'm more afraid of a 20 something running a red light while texting than i am a kb ruining my gun and possibly cutting/bruising fingers. i've been in the sport for a few years now, but consider myself an amateur. obviously i'm not going to have eye and ear pro on in a dynamic situation, but gloves at the range just seems a bit much to me. to each his own though.

I'm sure there are plenty of videos on the internet, and we all know they are 100% true, that show catastrophic failures. But the reality is firearms are probably the best made product in the world. Get a quality firearm not some 3rd world surplus pos, maintain it, and use quality commercial ammo. There's no 100% garrenty, its probably more likely you'll get hit by a car. Someone will have stats on this.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

0bd60c96f30fedbe4ee9d6a4d9e7ac41.jpg

I knew a Moyl that had a pair of those. [laugh]

Back
Top Bottom