• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

best clubs near lowell

im looking for a good range in the area where i could use fmj rounds i was wondering if you guys had any suggestions. ive been pointed in the direction of thet billerica sportsman club so i was leaning towards that.

any help would be apreciated, thanks

im looking for a good range in the area where i could use fmj rounds i was wondering if you guys had any suggestions. ive been pointed in the direction of thet billerica sportsman club so i was leaning towards that.

From the Lowell Sportsmen's Club Indoor Range Rules
Ammunition permitted:
• .22 caliber short, .22 caliber long, or .22 caliber long rifle.
• .177 or .22 caliber lead air gun pellets.
• Lead only bullets up to .45 caliber. Jacketed ammunition in any caliber is NOT
PERMITTED

Just a guess but you would probably recieve a better repsonse to you inquire if you searched and/or posted the question on this forums GUN CLUB page rather than GUN LAW page...

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php/29-Gun-Ranges-Clubs

From the Lowell Sportsmen's Club Indoor Range Rules

Ammunition permitted:
• Lead only bullets up to .45 caliber. Jacketed ammunition in any caliber is NOT
PERMITTED.

That's for the indoor range but what about the outdoor range?

Ammunition permitted:
PERMITTED.

That's for the indoor range but what about the outdoor range?

I don't know, I assume it's probably OK. However, the lead only indoors is one of the main reasons I joined WSC rather than Lowell even though Lowell is closer to my house.

the term "near" needs to be defined....

IF, I was in Lowell, I'd look at actually enjoying my shooting. So I'd set a scale. on one side, i'd have the least restrictive and most expensive club within ___ miles. on the other side, i'd have the least expensive and most restrictive club within ____ miles.

for Lowell, it's looking like Harvard, Westford and maybe Pelham. all the other clubs are FUDD. while it is nice to have a club 10 min away (like MRA is to me), i'd rather enjoy shooting and not be oppressed by a bunch of self-important control freak fudds

Back
Top Bottom