Best AR-15 Takedown Rifle case/bag??

All-

I've been doing a lot of homework trying to find the best carry case that will accomodate my 20" AR-15 without LOOKING like a rifle case (dam liberals start complaining when they see me carrying a rifle case from my car to my house).

I'm thinking what I need is a bag with seperate compartments for my upper and lower

I found this (Galati 28" Takedown Rifle Case)
http://www.galatiinternational.com/...en=PROD&Store_Code=GIO&Product_Code=GLAR28X12

which looks pretty darn good, but wondered if anyone else has found a case that they like that both protects the pieces of the AR and allows them to transport it without giving away what's inside

The 20" barrel + receiver is just a few inches too long for most hiking backpacks - plus they don't have pockets to keep the pieces seperated

Any suggestions appreciated - thank you!

I know it sounds stupid but check out the UTG cases.

I think I have this one or one like it:

http://www.leapers.com/production/prod_detail.php?mitem=Gun Cases&level1=&level2=&itemno=PVC-MC42B&status=

Found it to be a well made case. The only problem with the UTG double cases is that it seems to be lacking that little extra room that would be nice when transporting 2 rifles. Also with 2 rifles they tend to balloon in the center a little when carried like a breif case. You can find them on e-bay and other vendors for little over cost.

I live on the corner of a major intersection, and I don't want to be quite so obvious, so I use the guitar case. Works fine for me. You could have velcro loops stiched to the inside if you wanted.

This thread makes me think of this:

500px-DesperadoRocketCase-2.jpg

case_07-tfb-tm.jpg

fill with foam and cut out for firearm. I would put several band stickers and a northeast shooters and NRA sticker on it for laughs. I personally wouldn't care if anyone saw me carrying a rifle case. If you want to be less conspicuous but still carry a rectangle rifle case just put a CASIO or YAMAHA sticker on the case it will look like a keyboard case.

Back
Top Bottom