Bellingham Wal-Mart...low on ammo

Number 6

NES Member
Went to the Bellingham Wal-Mart Sunday to pick up some ammo and let me tell you the pickings were mighty slim. They had a fair amount of .22s, a box here and there of .223 and other rifle rounds, but not a single box, of any brand, of 9 mm, .40 or .45. I actually was looking for .380 - of which there were 2 WWB value pack boxes and 4 Remington UMC 100 round value packs. I picked up 1 of each. 1 box of .38 spl, couple boxes of WWB .357 Sig and a couple of magnum rounds.

WWB .223 40 rounds for $23 if anybody is interested.

Number 6

the one in danvers (or is it peabody.... the one on 114) had almost nothing when I went yesturday.

+1 I was there as well as seabrook NH and neither had anything really. Danvers only had 1 Remington UMC bulk pack and 3 boxes of WWB .45 bulk packs. Neither were anything to write home about although I'm tempted to go get the WWB since .45 is becoming so scarce.

Walmart in Rochester had .25, .32, and a couple of .40 Winchester. I bought some 50 count Remington 9mm (only aveaged about $1 per 100 over the Winchester) and they had some more left over and a .22 550 count. This was on Sunday morning. They said they had 28 boxes of 9mm come in on Friday and someone bought 25 of them.[frown]

I know this is a wally world thread, but FWIW I was at Bass Pro in foxboro yesterday, and man, were they wiped out of handgun ammo. Very little 9mm or .45. I bought some Hornady, but slim pickings four sure!

ace57

I know this is a wally world thread, but FWIW I was at Bass Pro in foxboro yesterday, and man, were they wiped out of handgun ammo. Very little 9mm or .45. I bought some Hornady, but slim pickings four sure!

ace57

No sh!t, I went there to get a couple boxes of .38 special for a class I was teaching this weekend, as I can't let the students fire my reloads. They had zero 38 special, except for the expensive personal protection rounds and they only had two boxes of those!

I am awaiting my penance for driving down to Attleboro and purchasing from the shop who's name we do not speak.

No sh!t, I went there to get a couple boxes of .38 special for a class I was teaching this weekend, as I can't let the students fire my reloads. They had zero 38 special, except for the expensive personal protection rounds and they only had two boxes of those!

I am awaiting my penance for driving down to Attleboro and purchasing from the shop who's name we do not speak.

4 hail mary's, 5 our father's, and 100 rounds fired through a 4 bore.(you must also find and purchase said 4 bore)

From my recent experience, RI Walmarts have plenty of ammo and it's easier to buy. Just a driver's license. Bought 600 rounds WWB 9mm from the one near Cumberland.

thats why you reload.
Mferruccio join hopedale and get in the reloading group,then you will have a factory.38/45/9 mm/??and the molds.and the backstop has tons of lead.[rolleyes] [laugh]

let's assume for a moment that Walmart no longer sells ammo, what will be our other options BESIDES reloading. I keep hearing that there is something in the stimulus bill that is scaring wally world. . .

Does anyone know for sure??

Went into the WallyWorld in Walpole on Sunday

They were almost picked clean! Nothing to speak of in 9mm, 40, or 45

They did however have some Federal 100 round boxes of .223 for $39.99

The clerk told me they restock twice a week and it sells as fast as they put it on the shelf.

If it wasn't such a PITA getting in and out of the place, I would stop by more often.

Same story in Northbridge, haven't seen anyone else mention them yet so I will. VERY FEW boxes of anything on Sunday, and I must say that store, in my experience, always had a fairly well stocked cabinet!

I was at the Bellingham Wal-Mart about an hour ago.

They were out of most handgun calibers; remaining stock consisted mainly of hunting rounds, .22 and the aforementioned Federal .223 Boxes.

I was told that they had place a larger order and were expecting it to arrive soon.

3 yrs ago I went on a massive ammo buying spree. I still have box es and boxes of 40 rd boxes of 55 223 win for 7.74 a box. Man I'm glad I bought a ton. WOW!!!! Still want more

Wal Marts in the Plymouth area are also pretty well wiped out of common handgun calibers.

I was down there on Saturday and it was pretty bare. I did see a few 9mm WWB and a few .40 WWB. I asked about .45 and the guy looked at me as if I was joking. He told me if Im not standing there when it arrives I will not get any.

I bought the last box of .22 550's.

People are stocking up.

WOW! Only 15 minutes!?!? What quick service! 20 minutes for me...and that's about average. Seems like even if there's an employee standing there - someone has to plug in the nuclear launch codes to get the keys for the ammo case.

I had to wait 15 minutes for someone to get me ammo, the last time I went to the Bellingham shop.

Back
Top Bottom