BDN Poll Question: Do you support Maine's new "constitutional carry" gun law?

Yes

No

View results

<http://bangordailynews.com/2015/10/14/politics/portland-police-chief-new-concealed-carry-law-endangers-officers-public/>

“When this legislation goes into effect tomorrow — police officers and sheriffs around the state — their lives will be in danger,” Portland Police Chief Michael Sauschuck said. “Our citizens, their lives will be in danger.”

Because suddenly all the criminals who haven't been carrying guns because it is illegal will start carrying them and decide to shoot at anyone they see? [puke][banghead][bs2]
There is absolutely no logic to that. It reminds me of when constitutional carry was in the papers (I believe last year) in NH and my wife's moon-batty aunt who lives up there was talking about it. "Well, I'd be terrified to leave my house. You'd never know WHO had a gun."

From the comments section:

JustKev • 5 days ago
"The law change, championed by Sen. Eric Brakey, R-Auburn, will go into effect at midnight Thursday." Um, no. That's not correct. Midnight tonight.

David M. Perry -> JustKev • 4 days ago
And this will be on Brakey's conscience for the rest of his life. Especially when some kid gets needlessly shot.

JustKev -> David M. Perry • 3 days ago
You went and drank the Kool-Aid, I see.

John Shore -> David M. Perry • 4 days ago
Chief Sauschuck: This city is headed for a disaster of biblical proportions.

Mayor: What do you mean, "biblical"?

David M. Perry: What he means is Old Testament, Mr. Mayor, real wrath of God type stuff.

Chief Sauschuck: Exactly.

David M. Perry: Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling!

Chief Sauschuck: Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes...

David M. Perry: The dead rising from the grave!

Chief Sauschuck: Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

Mayor: All right, all right! I get the point!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom