BCA accepting pre-orders for their new 22 WMR upper

cathouse01

NES Member
Bear Creek Arsenal is taking a page from Elon’s book and accepting pre-orders for their new .22 WMR complete AR upper, shipping 5/18/22. At $350 it’s not a bad price for those of us who want an AR in .22 magnum to go with their Henry Goldenboy and Ruger Single-Six Convertible.
Here is a review of it:

i have their .22lr with a similar side charging handle and frankly NOT in awe of that design. to take it apart you need a wrench, it is imho a bit inferior to a classic top charger handle.
may be easier to actually operate it, but, meh. it also catches at stuff more. shoots ok-ish, not great but not too bad neither.

i have their .22lr with a similar side charging handle and frankly NOT in awe of that design. to take it apart you need a wrench, it is imho a bit inferior to a classic top charger handle.
may be easier to actually operate it, but, meh. it also catches at stuff more. shoots ok-ish, not great but not too bad neither.
Yup, most BCA stuff is what I would call “adequate”. I use several of their uppers in what I call my “low-cost” builds and they function OK but certainly are not high end tack drivers. I do appreciate the fact that they are coming out with low cost uppers in both AR15 and AR10 in a variety of calibers that let me try them out at reasonably low cost without having to build an upper from the ground up. When I find something I like I can then build one from the ground up using top quality parts.

If this .22 mag works as well as the reviewer claims, it will probably become my new farm varmint gun for shots under 100 yards. I’m used to the M1’s reciprocating side charging handle, so the one on the BCA won’t be a problem.

I have a spare ar10 lower I got on sale, and still debating what to put on top of it. Wanna get something other than 308 or 6.5cm. Gotta think.

Back
Top Bottom