Bass River anticipates sunshine for Match Sunday 7/5

Obviously it didn't impact the results for you but with the top of the pack sometimes separated by mere fractions of a sec that could have screwed you and others...

oh, it would have, if i didnt want to build a sand castle with my mags on stage 5, which would have demonstrated the need to apply the rules consistently.

Yes the rules require range commands which include "standby" but those of us on the squad we were on chose to defer to the volunteer from BR who spent the morning running the match for us, and set up and put the stuff away. Although I don't agree with failing to adhere to the rule, way I see it, Mike and I have done this long enough and know what we are doing, we can adapt to the exception. Besides, if we don't win, we just have to wait 6 days to get back out there and try to win again. It's not like we lost out on winning something. When we win we get the same thing the guys who finished last do. Which sure is swell.
I've always been in favor of instituting some kind of cash payback system, along the lines of what skeet and trap have, but instead, i'm left with settling for that warm fuzzy feeling of not having to look far for my name in the results.

Last edited:
Sorry, that's just BS. Someone needs to explain to him the way it's supposed to be done by USPSA rules... did anyone else talk to them about that? I can't see any reason why they wouldn't give the correct commands. Obviously it didn't impact the results for you but with the top of the pack sometimes separated by mere fractions of a sec that could have screwed you and others...

I applied the start rule to everyone the same.
Remember that its a club level match so there is some le-way as to the rules.
Yes I know it's a bit more than normal. but we are all big boys and girls.
I really need no explaining but thanks for the input.
If this was for money or some sort of prize or a major match, then by all means to the letter of the rules.

The main rule... have fun and shoot as much as we can.

Tim

Last edited:
I applied the start rule to everyone the same. Remember that its a club level match so there is some le-way as to the rules. I really need no explaining but thanks for the input.

Tim

The start rule was explained, more than once and it was applied fairly, I was caught looking at my sneaker. Nobodies fault by mine

I applied the start rule to everyone the same. Remember that its a club level match so there is some le-way as to the rules. I really need no explaining but thanks for the input.

Tim

Tim, sounds like you are set in your ways but you advertise a USPSA match and don't use the standard commands that we all train with. I understand there are always challenges running matches, it's a lot of work. But it seems like an easy thing to correct, just adding one command- "standby".

No-one who was there is asking you to defend yourself Tim. We all heard the instruction, went "huh?" and then said "OK". How "practical" is your shooting if you can't turn it on without someone saying "STANDBY?"

When we win we get the same thing the guys who finished last do. Which sure is swell.
I've always been in favor of instituting some kind of cash payback system, along the lines of what skeet and trap have, but instead, i'm left with settling for that warm fuzzy feeling of not having to look far for my name in the results.

Matt,
Back in the dark ages, (cap and ball), all right, Colt Government Models, there were cash payouts for the local matches. One club decided to do away with them, and cut it's entry. While I was away from the game, everyone did the same. The entry fees probably didn't stay low though.

Matt,
Back in the dark ages, (cap and ball), all right, Colt Government Models, there were cash payouts for the local matches. One club decided to do away with them, and cut it's entry. While I was away from the game, everyone did the same. The entry fees probably didn't stay low though.

The problem with cash payback is finding that balance between; rewarding shooters for winning and have the rest of the shooters not feel like they are paying the same guys every week"

I think if you pick at random a division during the match, then pay the class winners.

No-one who was there is asking you to defend yourself Tim. We all heard the instruction, went "huh?" and then said "OK". How "practical" is your shooting if you can't turn it on without someone saying "STANDBY?"

I must not be practical. I guess Mike Walsh isn't very practical either. [rolleyes] My intent was not to cause trouble but to point out what can happen when the USPSA range commands aren't used. This was DRILLED into my head at the recent RO class and makes sense to me. I'll be the first to admit I'll screw up the IDPA/USPSA commands but thankfully "standby" is universal. Either way Tim and I had some good dialog and I think all is good.

I must not be practical. I guess Mike Walsh isn't very practical either. [rolleyes] My intent was not to cause trouble but to point out what can happen when the USPSA range commands aren't used. This was DRILLED into my head at the recent RO class and makes sense to me. I'll be the first to admit I'll screw up the IDPA/USPSA commands but thankfully "standby" is universal. Either way Tim and I had some good dialog and I think all is good.

Oh No, you used my real name on the forum![shocked] I can no longer hide behind my keyboard

I'm a impractical shooter... I truly serve no purpose

Oh No, you used my real name on the forum![shocked] I can no longer hide behind my keyboard

I'm a impractical shooter... I truly serve no purpose

Crap! I had no idea Supermoto was Mike W!! Wow. The world knows now. Now you just need a Glock so you can be somebody.... (I'm wearing out that joke aren't I?)

Matt,

thats a shame Dan
I wish it would go back to rewarding accomplishment, it's not like it even needs to be much.
Even if it was only $1 from each entry in a division to the division winner, it would be something.
Give people something to work for. Shooting isn't free.

and no, aside from Manville, everyone is 20, so the fees didnt stay low.

anyway... it's almost time for harvard!

thats a shame Dan
I wish it would go back to rewarding accomplishment, it's not like it even needs to be much.
Even if it was only $1 from each entry in a division to the division winner, it would be something.
Give people something to work for. Shooting isn't free.

and no, aside from Manville, everyone is 20, so the fees didnt stay low.

anyway... it's almost time for harvard!

Steel the afternoon of the First Sunday MRA with a cash pay out///Not sure about Wallum Lake.

Another tough thing about cash pay back in USPSA is having to do the scores right then and there.

I have liked the $5.00 side matches of the past and, as I mentioned this last match, intend to have a rifle side match for the up coming match. 50/50 pay back. I have elongated the two bays at the end of the 100 and added a short (12 yard) speed shoot bay. The side match will use these bays.

I Figure 28 - 42 rounds one string

Last edited:
Another tough thing about cash pay back in USPSA is having to do the scores right then and there.

no way Tim, you can just wait till the next month
registered skeet sure doesnt pay back same day

and fine, if you're gonna have a cool side match with money involved, i'm not gonna use my gold AK, i'll use something thats correct for the event

no way Tim, you can just wait till the next month
registered skeet sure doesnt pay back same day

and fine, if you're gonna have a cool side match with money involved, i'm not gonna use my gold AK, i'll use something thats correct for the event

Bring your "A" game... Mike is pretty damn quick with his AR... almost as quick as me.

Back
Top Bottom