Bass River anticipates sunshine for Match Sunday 7/5

If the day is sunny, most people wait until the end of the day to leave.
Our match is over and people are on the way home by 1:30 at the latest, which generally negates the traffic issue.

**NOTE** I am not a traffic reporter, nor an expert on human behavior, nor did I sleep at a holiday inn last night.

I usually shoot Bass River's match each month. I've never had much of a problem with traffic after the match. I hit the road as soon as I've finished helping with breaking down the stages. YMMV - but the wife and I both have to work at 4 o'clock Sunday, off cape, and we'll be at the match.

Thanks, I'll be there. I was worried because I shot a match there years ago and ran into a traffic jam on the on ramp to Rt. 6.

Fun match today, unfortunately getting off the cape was not as fun.

Here are some shooting videos.. at the range, not on Route 6
Mike vs Matt
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_EdPEzGOsM

Rob vs Scott
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1cnaGN6mjI

How did the times compare for those stages? It didn't sound like there was much seperation between you and Matt or Rob and Scott?

While I'm on the subject of time, how much extra time did it take you to get to the canal? I got off Rt. 6 at Exit 6, Rt 132, bought a sandwich at the Burger King and went up 6A to Sandwich picking up 6 again in front of The Christmas Tree Shop. The trip was an extra half hour using that route.

It took me an hour and fifty minutes to get off the Cape (Bourne bridge). All the money spent on the 'flyway' was a waste. I sat in stop and go traffic from exit 6 to the Bourne bridge (that's one exit before Hyannis). The traffic was as bad as I've ever seen it short of Hurricaine Bob traffic some years back. It was a good match but the traffic was hell.

It took me an hour and fifty minutes to get off the Cape (Bourne bridge). All the money spent on the 'flyway' was a waste. I sat in stop and go traffic from exit 6 to the Bourne bridge (that's one exit before Hyannis). The traffic was as bad as I've ever seen it short of Hurricaine Bob traffic some years back. It was a good match but the traffic was hell.
As much as I like shooting with the boys from Bass River, you couldn't have paid me to go down the Cape on a July 4th weekend.[smile]

Wallum Lake steel was a lot fun. [grin]

Respectfully,
jkelly

Sorry to hear about the traffic... but it's always good to see you guys and gals.
The videos are pretty cool. I'll have the scores up ASAP.

Tim

Sorry dude - you should have followed us. We left after you and went 6A. Traffic only added half an hour to our ride. Of course all of us getting on to Rte 6 at the Christmas Tree Shop was probably what backed you up.

I was going to attend, but wimped out. The traffic problem had me worried. My dog, Axel the Rottweiler, had some stitches put in his paw to close a cut. Part of the procedure was to put a "clown collar" on him to prevent his access to the paw. He uses this device as a battering ram and has become insufferable in my truck. The 45 min trip to Harvard is barely tolerable; a couple of hours in traffic would have been hell.

That was cold, Renee, but funny. Congrats on the win Mike.

I wish the camera was still running after Scott shot stage 4....Matt, that was the funniest thing I ever saw in my life, I just caught the top of your head as I shut it off.

Got to talk to Mike on that one, Dave. I was just the cameraman at this match....I gave the vids to Mike and he took care of the hard work.

Got to talk to Mike on that one, Dave. I was just the cameraman at this match....I gave the vids to Mike and he took care of the hard work.

Mike, Mike- come out where ever you are....

Looks like great stuff. Awesome learning tool as well. Amazing what we can see after the fact...

Mike on the stage where you had to start with your right hand on the post.... you seemed to forget what to do at the buzzer... where you dreaming of one day owning a Glock???

Mike, Mike- come out where ever you are....

Looks like great stuff. Awesome learning tool as well. Amazing what we can see after the fact...

Mike on the stage where you had to start with your right hand on the post.... you seemed to forget what to do at the buzzer... where you dreaming of one day owning a Glock???

I am answering for Mike because his gun is in pieces at the moment, and he's filing something with my nail filer. He uses Adobe Photoshop Elements Premier. He says "Yeah, I like the software, I wouldn't have it if I didn't".

On the stage with the hesitation, there was no standby. As soon as he put his hand on the pole the buzzer went off. We were warned by the RO on the walkthrough, but being he was the first one up, he was kind of the guinea pig. The rest of us got to watch and learn from his mistake.

I am answering for Mike because his gun is in pieces at the moment, and he's filing something with my nail filer. He uses Adobe Photoshop Elements Premier. He says "Yeah, I like the software, I wouldn't have it if I didn't".

On the stage with the hesitation, there was no standby. As soon as he put his hand on the pole the buzzer went off. We were warned by the RO on the walkthrough, but being he was the first one up, he was kind of the guinea pig. The rest of us got to watch and learn from his mistake.

Thanks Renee,

That is kinda strange about not having a standby, warnings or not, it's a command that has to be used before the buzzer. Are you sure he wasn't dreaming of owning a Glock? That would make a lot more sense!

Good job on the win too Mike.

Thanks for the info on the software- I've heard a couple people say good things about that as well.

Thanks Renee,

That is kinda strange about not having a standby, warnings or not, it's a command that has to be used before the buzzer. Are you sure he wasn't dreaming of owning a Glock? That would make a lot more sense!

Good job on the win too Mike.

Thanks for the info on the software- I've heard a couple people say good things about that as well.

The only issue that I have with Photoshop is that it will not read .mov movies, so I have to convert them to a format that it understands and doing so it compresses the fps from 60 to 30.

The start without standby through me for a loop, especially since the string before the RO jumped the gun on the beep. For a sec I thought he was doing it again, then I remembered to go.

The start without standby through me for a loop, especially since the string before the RO jumped the gun on the beep. For a sec I thought he was doing it again, then I remembered to go.

Sorry, that's just BS. Someone needs to explain to him the way it's supposed to be done by USPSA rules... did anyone else talk to them about that? I can't see any reason why they wouldn't give the correct commands. Obviously it didn't impact the results for you but with the top of the pack sometimes separated by mere fractions of a sec that could have screwed you and others...

Bass River comes up with interesting stuff, sometimes for the better, sometimes for the worse.

They do build a mean 24+ round speed shoot though.

Back
Top Bottom