Basic hunter safety course

So I screwed up and didn't take the course during the summer when they had classes available and I had the time off of work. It seems like we have quite a few people on the same boat as I am, soooo do we have any instructors on the forums who would like to help us idiots out one weekend? Maybe some bartering would help?? lol.

If you check the other threads you will learn that it does not work like regular firearms instruction, where an instructor will run a class for you and a few friends.

All Hunter Safety Courses are run thru the state, registrations are done thru DFW and open to all when and where they say so.

There are no more classes this year from MA DFW.

NH has an online system with a one day class. No idea if that is available or not, but the cert is accepted my MA if you get it there.

Part of sucessful huntng is preparedness.

If you can't plan for a course, how will you hunt safely? [laugh]

Seriously, it's tough around here, unless you're part of the hunting culture (such as it is ) to know what to do, who to ask or when to do it.

I took the BHS course at my home club with my kid in the spring - I signed up with MassWildlife before the course was listed ( inside info helps) and the class was full+ in less than a week. The other issue is that while MassWildlife provides the materials, all the instructors are volunteers, and the clubs or other venues do it pro bono, as well. So....considering that the majority of the instructors are hunters, they'll not be teaching....

You might find a course if you look at multiple states, but I would consider yourself out for this year.

Back
Top Bottom