ballistics tables

Wheres the best place to have these so that they are available at the range?

Right now I have a notebook with data in but it's an extra thing to carry around. I've seen some people stick a label with the data on the stock of their rifle but I don't really want to do this on my m1.

The kind of data I am talking about is: clicks of elevation for 100, 200, 300.... 600 yards.

Wheres the best place to have these so that they are available at the range?

Right now I have a notebook with data in but it's an extra thing to carry around. I've seen some people stick a label with the data on the stock of their rifle but I don't really want to do this on my m1.

The kind of data I am talking about is: clicks of elevation for 100, 200, 300.... 600 yards.
Its on the left side drum of your M1
Find the 100 yard mark and line it up with the mark on the receiver then count the clicks between each yardage mark.

Quick & dirty
From a 100 yard zero: You need to find your zero, then you can calibrate your sights or mark it with paint. I use either a China marker or nail polish. I also use luggage tags and put the ballistic info on them and hang them from the sling swivel. I also use a silver sharpie on my AR stock.

100 to 200 + 2MOA
200 to 300 + 3 MOA
300 to 500 + 7 MOA
300 to 600 + 11 MOA
The above chart works to get you close with just about any rifle with in reason 223, 308,3006,8mm and everything close around these . where talking minute of black of a SR target out to 600 yards.
Your precise zero will differ with lighting, shooting position location and mood.
If it helps

For more accurate data you need your note book and jot down more info and data and if you reload or change bullet weights and velocity often you need a place for all that shit.
Your M1 and ARs with A1 or A2 stocks with the stock cavity in the rear you can put laminated sheets in there also.

Here's my 22lr come ups with sub sonic out of my 513t with match sights
50 yard zero
50-100= 7-8 min
100-200=22min

Last edited:
On your phone! Federal has one on their site, I think.

I have the Nikon spot-on app on my phone, which lets you input all sorts of variables, for just about every cartridge out there. Especially useful if you're using a Nikon optic with BDC reticle, but the data can be used for anything.

I have the Nikon spot-on app on my phone, which lets you input all sorts of variables, for just about every cartridge out there. Especially useful if you're using a Nikon optic with BDC reticle, but the data can be used for anything.
there are several good apps HAWKE optics is good also plus you can print out scope cap cheat sheets for their scopes/ret and print up the hold changes with different MagX i use the hawke chairgunpro version for my pellet rifles.
the apps are useful for known data. Need to at least know your average velocity to get decent data back out.
for your average M1 or AR with iron sights the "rough" come ups will get you on paper from a know zero.

Painting the 100 yard zero on the elevation knob is a good idea. I painted the mechanical zero on the windage knob on my AR I dont know why I didn't think of this...
Where getting old , as far as the garand goes after I get my rough no wind zero ( I use 50 yards) I mark the forward side of the front sight as to quickly see if it gets nocked loose. The rear zero wind windage is marked on the receiver as well.
The elevation I don’t mark as it changes the most depending on the light and how my eyes are that day and if I slept well. My match gun is 10 clicks up and that gets me in the black at 200 if it’s nice a sunny clear day I usually need to add 2-3 min and when dark and over cast sometimes a few clicks down. I find light yellow tint helps in both light. All of this does no good if you don’t know your basic zero. In my other M1s I use luggage tags and each rifle has a note in the stock storage hole with basic info for that rifle.

A serious Operator would have it tattooed on inside wrist... :emoji_8ball:

With the recipe for a Harvey Wallbanger on the Other.

Main alcohol: Vodka
Ingredients: 1 1/2 oz (3 parts) Vodka, 3 oz (6 parts) Fresh orange juice, 1/2 oz (1 part) Galliano
Preparation: Stir the vodka and orange juice with ice in the glass, then float the Galliano on top. Garnish and serve.
Served: On the rocks; poured over ice
Standard garnish: Maraschino cherry, Orange slice
Drinkware: Highball glass

Last edited:

Strelok ballistic calculator app for Android phones.

Back
Top Bottom