• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Armed Chicago tow truck driver turns the tables on suspected drive-by shooter

Reptile

NES Member

A witness thanked God he wasn't injured by a suspected drive-by shooter​

A concealed carry holder in Chicago turned the tables on a suspected drive-by shooter who opened fire on a group of people after a car crash, according to a report.

"The shooting happened so quickly, I didn't have time to react," witness Lorenzo Hernandez told ABC 7 via a Spanish translator. "In Chicago, you go to work not knowing if you will come back home. This happens everywhere. I thank God that I didn't get hit."

Police said they responded to a drive-by shooting at about 2 p.m. on the Southwest Side, the outlet reported, and squad cards surrounded a Chicago Transit Authority (CTA) bus.

Continues...

@Zappa

The tow truck driver, who did not provide his name to local media, however, reemerged during the shooting and fired off two shots at the suspect, ABC 7 reported.

The suspect has not been identified and fled the scene before police were able to make any arrests. The police department confirmed that a witness with a concealed carry permit returned fire on the suspect, according to ABC 7.

Too bad he missed.

Back
Top Bottom