Backorder wait time for M&P .45

I just put a down payment on a new Smith and Wesson M&P .45 at a local gun shop and they said it could be 3 weeks to 3 months, if not longer due to back orders I guess. Does anybody out there have any kind of better info as far as how long it will take, ballpark, I just want to know what to expect, and I would hope that since I am spending hundreds of dollars at this shop they would be able to give me better info, but that is not the case. Any idea would be greatly appreciated. Like I said, I just want to know what I am looking at for a wait.

When I tracked one down last month was told MP45 was on "severe" back order. One shop was waiting on qty 18 believe. My guess is months.

Depends on your gunshop and their relationship with their wholesaler. I'd be willing to bet Four Seasons get more, faster than Joe's garage FFL.

Also depends on how many people are ahead of you on the gun shop's waitlist. They may get a dozen in next week, but you could be waitlist #20.

CONGRADULATION YOU WILL LOVE IT I HAVE TWO OF THEM GET APEX DUTY CARRY KIT RIGHT AWAY MAKE IT A VERY ACCURATE GUN

I have a friend that works over at S&W... he told me they are about 6months behind on everything right now. If it wasn't for states like CA, MA and now NY they could get things out a little faster but not much.

Why would you wait so long when they're available on GB for not a ton of dough.

There are several that appear likely to go for less than $550. Its a bit of a premium, but its just another option.

As far as backordering. I'd suggest someone big like four seasons, if he'll put you on a list. He buys direct from S&W. He's getting stuff that small FFLs can't get.

I know. I'm a small FFL and I haven't seen a single Glock, M&P or AR in 2 months.

S&W M&P 45 NIB No Thumb Safety No Reserve : Semi Auto Pistols at GunBroker.com

Don

Why would you wait so long when they're available on GB for not a ton of dough.

There are several that appear likely to go for less than $550. Its a bit of a premium, but its just another option.

As far as backordering. I'd suggest someone big like four seasons, if he'll put you on a list. He buys direct from S&W. He's getting stuff that small FFLs can't get.

I know. I'm a small FFL and I haven't seen a single Glock, M&P or AR in 2 months.

S&W M&P 45 NIB No Thumb Safety No Reserve : Semi Auto Pistols at GunBroker.com

Don

That particular seller chooses not to sell to quite a few states, including MA.

These are severly back ordered due to two reasons. One, the MSP and alot of other agencies have switched to this firearm for their duty firearms. We are talking thousands of M&P 45 this year alone to agencies. Two, the production of pistols have slowed to meet the demands of the rifle markets.

If you can find one now grab it. I was anti M&P anything until I got mine. I am converted now.

I have not actually purchased anything from them, they seemed like they were not good to other customers while I was there, and they consistently talked S**t about the people who had called with questions while I was there. They seem to think that all of the people calling or coming in are dumb. They need to drop the attitude before i am going to buy anything there. I have not had a problem personally but if they are talking like that behind every other customers back, what are they saying when I leave. Grow up!

If its Old Mill, good luck. I'd take my business elsewhere.

Ask some members here about the Global Arms AR-15 that they ordered from Old Mill.

Well I went and got mine at State Line Gun Shop, I really like them up there. They seem very friendly and willing to actually talk to you about guns, not just want to cut to the chase and get your money. They said there would be a wait, which I don;t mind because I like to give them my business, I just want to know about how long I am looking at. I know they are in the dark about this too I'm sure, so I have come here to see if I can get any info.

I actually like the polymer style, I have put them through hell in the military and I have seen no difference in functionality at all between "plastic" and metal and a massive weight difference. If they functioned in combat in the conditions I had them in, they will function at home.
If I were you I would buy a CZ 97B which is a metal and not plastic gun! Just my opinion.

The gun shop can't tell you because they are as in the dark as you are. I've seen a lot of folks getting grumpy with gun shops about back orders since things went nuts. The gun shops, for the most part, get their guns from distributors. The distributors have the orders with the gun manufacturers. When the distributor has guns shipped to them then they spread them out to the shops- usually with preference given to the shops that move the most guns. The gun shops these days just maintain standing orders of basically all popular models. Stuff sort of randomly then flows in. On top of this the distributors are as backed up right now as the gun companies. They're having trouble getting stuff out the door.

unless they have it in stock, no gun shop will be able to give you a firm estimate of when a particular gun is coming in. If they claim they can its BS.

The gun shop can't tell you because they are as in the dark as you are. I've seen a lot of folks getting grumpy with gun shops about back orders since things went nuts. The gun shops, for the most part, get their guns from distributors. The distributors have the orders with the gun manufacturers. When the distributor has guns shipped to them then they spread them out to the shops- usually with preference given to the shops that move the most guns. The gun shops these days just maintain standing orders of basically all popular models. Stuff sort of randomly then flows in. On top of this the distributors are as backed up right now as the gun companies. They're having trouble getting stuff out the door.

unless they have it in stock, no gun shop will be able to give you a firm estimate of when a particular gun is coming in. If they claim they can its BS.

Exactly right. I have orders in to Davidsons, Jerrys, and RSR. I've seen exactly 4 guns in the last 2 months. 2 Glock 17s, a Glock 35 (My student wanted a 34, but intelligently settled for a 35 with a lone wolf bbl.) and a bolt action CZ.

Back
Top Bottom