Back Surgery- pain Management

I’m a 10 year veteran (disabled) was injured in first gulf war. Have since had 3 back surgeries and 4 knee and leg surgeries. About 5 years ago I joined a program through the VA to wein me off the opioids. Will this be an issue when applying for my LTC card. Not looking for a carry permit- just to go to the range, target shoot, collect military weapons.
I have lived in the town for 25 years, my daughter is a County Sheriff. Coached most of the officers kids in sports.
just looking for some advise. Thank you.

Thank you for your service. I too have lived through back injury and lengthy recovery.
I am not a legal voice by any means, but would think you would be ok.

ween you off is not an addiction to an illegal narcotic, you were prescribed medication, under a Doctors care you transitioned to non opioid medications

Go for a Class A LTC, do not mention target and hunting, you want All Lawful Purposes, and there is no need to even THINK about telling the Police anything about your medical history.

Mention NOTHING about what drugs you do or did take!! Just answer the questions on the form honestly and don't deviate if they start a fishing expedition.

LTC-A for all lawful purposes, period!

Good luck.

ETA: Thank you for your Service!!

I’m a 10 year veteran (disabled) was injured in first gulf war. Have since had 3 back surgeries and 4 knee and leg surgeries. About 5 years ago I joined a program through the VA to wein me off the opioids. Will this be an issue when applying for my LTC card. Not looking for a carry permit- just to go to the range, target shoot, collect military weapons.
I have lived in the town for 25 years, my daughter is a County Sheriff. Coached most of the officers kids in sports.
just looking for some advise. Thank you.
Just answer the questions on the application honestly.

If you have never been in a drug rehab program for abusing narcotics (ie you were not abusing the prescription meds) you should be fine.

Back
Top Bottom