Baby dessart eagle

my buddy wants to buy a baby dessart eagle at zero hour arms. what do you guys think of think of this gun i've never heard of it though it does look sharp.

While I don't own one I have had several opportunities to put 200+ rounds downrange with one and I give them an unqualified thumbs up. I wish they were on the list so we could buy them new. How much does Zero Hour want for it?

Last edited:
[laugh] Only on NES will you get this kind of grammar correction. I love it.

As far as desserts go I like chocolate cake, personally.

If we're talking desert eagles, well then I think they're a lot of fun... but that fun comes at a serious price. I've only shot the fun size .50 AE, though.

I think all DE's are cool guns. Not my first choice for a first gun, carry gun, or target gun, but they are great conversational pieces. I'd tell him to buy it. If he doesn't like it, someone else will buy it from him.

all right we've had our fun with doctor spells-a-lot

I think all DE's are cool guns. Not my first choice for a first gun, carry gun, or target gun, but they are great conversational pieces. I'd tell him to buy it. If he doesn't like it, someone else will buy it from him.

Ok...all spelling errors aside, and yes I too would have jumped on for a round of Grammar Nazi were I not interested in the topic..[smile]

But what I think the OP was actually referring to was not the sweet part of the meal so much as the smaller compact version of the "Desert Eagle" called the Baby Eagle chambered in 9, 40 an 45. and much more suited for, well, everything, than it's zombie-killer bigger brother.

Back to our (ok, my) original question: What's it chambered in and what does ZA want for it? [wink]

Since I am not familar with the Desert Eagle, I looked it up. It has an interesting history:

"The "Desert Eagle" Self-loading Pistol was developed as a sport model, but it's high combat abilities called interest in the Israel Armed Forces. It is one of the most powerful pistols in the world. One of it's features is a great number of modifications chambered for a various cartridge types."

However:

"Unfortunately the "Desert Eagle" Self-loading Pistol failed to achieve reliability required for a combat pistol. Police forces rejected this pistol of it's too large dimensions, heavy weight and low magazine capacity. "

There is more:

http://www.enemyforces.com/firearms/deserteagle.htm

$500 isn't bad for a baby Eagle, considering its scarcity in this state. I don't have any experience with the baby Eagle, but I've shot a regular Desert Eagle, & it was pretty sweet.

Puhh-leaze. Everyone who's familiar with l33t will tell you the correct terminology is "DEagle". I'm assuming a would be "B. DEagle". I refuse to buy one, I refuse to hold one, I refuse to have anything to do with it.

If you wish to be a hero to anyone who spends 99.4% of their lives playing PC games because you own "THE MOST POWERFUL HANDGUN EVAR!" then by all means, buy it. If you're looking to do something more along the lines of self defense, target, owning an actual pistol, or a combination of those, get yourself a nice 1911.

I believe what he is talking about here is the Baby Eagle. Those used to be marketed as UZI. If memory serves correctly, I think it was a pretty close variant of the CZ pistols. Having shot a couple in 9mm a long time ago, they were very nice. Mags might be difficult to find. but, they may be interchangable with something else. Also, it was one of the few pistiols that came into the US marketed in 41mag. Rumors were that the bigger calibers 40+ were pretty tough on the wrist.
My experience has been that all of the IMI gear that has come into the US has been very well made nice stuff.. Holsters, if desired could be very hard to fins as they just never really took off.

I believe what he is talking about here is the Baby Eagle. Those used to be marketed as UZI. If memory serves correctly, I think it was a pretty close variant of the CZ pistols. Having shot a couple in 9mm a long time ago, they were very nice. Mags might be difficult to find. but, they may be interchangable with something else. Also, it was one of the few pistiols that came into the US marketed in 41mag. Rumors were that the bigger calibers 40+ were pretty tough on the wrist.
My experience has been that all of the IMI gear that has come into the US has been very well made nice stuff.. Holsters, if desired could be very hard to fins as they just never really took off.

The Desert Eagle is available in 41Mag. I believe the Baby Eagle was available in 41AE, similar to 40S&W. The newer ones are available in 9mm, 40, 45, though I don't think newer models are sold in MA. My buddy has a baby eagle in 9mm and it is a well balanced, full sized pistol. He claims it is very reliable and accurate. I forget what my impression of the trigger was as it was a couple years ago and I did not get to fire it. It has the same polygonal rifling as HK and Glock and is easy to take down for cleaning. His was full size (almost 5" barrel IIRC) and came with 15 round mags.

I had often thought about buying it off him but later got a Walther P99AS 9mm as it is more concealable, fits my hand like a glove, has a light rail, and has a super, super sweet trigger.

No doubt the Desert Eagle (chambered in 50. 44. and 357) is kinda ridiculous for all of the reasons listed to previously. But, the smaller Baby Eagle, a standard size CZ-based pistol, if a pretty nice, reasonably-priced carry weapon. We just can't get them new in this state so a used one, particularly for about $500, is a good deal if your interested.

You also have to "throw" the bullets out of the gun while yelling "Gat! Gat! Gat!" when you shoot it - while holding it sideways, of course...... [devil]

Ok...all spelling errors aside, and yes I too would have jumped on for a round of Grammar Nazi were I not interested in the topic..[smile]

But what I think the OP was actually referring to was not the sweet part of the meal so much as the smaller compact version of the "Desert Eagle" called the Baby Eagle chambered in 9, 40 an 45. and much more suited for, well, everything, than it's zombie-killer bigger brother.

Back to our (ok, my) original question: What's it chambered in and what does ZA want for it? [wink]

[rolleyes], and I still stand by my first statement.

Back
Top Bottom