B&G Sporting Inc. Westfield, MA

I can't say enough good things about this store. It is a fairly small store and it tailors mostly to hunting and fishing with an ok to good selection of handguns. Lots of sporting rifles and shotguns which is good for the hunting crowd. But because of his selection of handguns is more limited he is willing to order anything that is Mass compliant and do transfers on what can legally come into this state or in state private sales that would rather go through an FFL. I can't remember the fee off hand but it is not anything outrageous.

The best part is the leg work this guy will do for someone who wants a specific type of firearm. My girlfriend wanted a S&W model 617 (10 shot .22 stainless 4" barrel) about a month ago. He called states like Florida, Connecticut, Virginia, Montana, California and even Alaska. He always called her to give her any updates. We ended up taking a ride to his store just the other day to see what was going on and he told her that it would be March before she saw the 617. So she decided on the 686 4" .357/.38 special mostly because in the mean time I had purchased the Ruger New Model Single Six. He called up his main distributor and demanded that it be here by today for her since she had been waiting so long for the 617.

So bottom line his in store selection of firearms is good for handguns, a little better for rifles and shotguns, great for bow hunting and fishing supplies. And he is as friendly as can be by answering any questions, letting one handle any of the firearms that he has, telling you anything you want to know about a specific firearm and most importantly he is willing to go the extra mile when getting you the firearm you want (or what MA will let you want[laugh]). It is safe to say I recommend this store to anyone in the Western Mass area.

OH! I forgot to mention he has a good selection of high power rifle and shotgun ammo and limited handgun ammo selection.

He is on the google maps for MA gun shops but the marker is on the wrong road so here is the actual address and phone number just to make sure you go to the right place.

1460 Russell Rd (Route 20)
Westfield, MA 01085-2123
(413) 568-7569

I've never done any firearms related business with them, but whenever I fly fish the Westfield river I usually stop in there for the latest river reports. I agree they seem like good people. If I lived out that way I'd shop there.

In the spring they use quads with big water tanks on the back to stock trout in the river. This way they get spread out through the whole river system instead of all getting dumped in one spot that the state DFW guys can reach without breaking a sweat.

Back
Top Bottom