B & E outside local gun shop

HYANNIS - Around noon Thursday, an alert customer leaving the Powderhorn Outfitters at 210 Barnstable Road in Hyannis saw a man breaking into the large toolbox in the back of his pick-up truck.

Barnstable Police happened to be around the corner at the time, and within minutes, Jerry Jurczuk was arrested for breaking and entering and transported to the Barnstable Police Station for booking.

http://www.capecodtoday.com/blogs/i...set-warriors-fish-fry-fund-raiser-spo?blog=80

Last edited:
B&E in broad daylight outside a gun shop - FAIL

I think he just earned himself the "Dumbass of the Week" award.

He's lucky he didn't earn a "Darwin Award" too.

Tagline Applies Here

Everyone sees it as an idyllic paradise and to some degree it is especially out here on the outer Cape (Eastham on up). Parts Hyannis and Yarmouth are becoming a haven for crime like you wouldn't believe. It's like as if Roxbury was transplanted to the Cape. Check out www.capecodtoday.com regularly and you'll be horrified especially when they post the weekly Y.P.D. mugshots. Yarmouth PD gets an average of 700 calls a week, thats one every fifteen minutes , resulting in an average of 40 arrests a week, usually OUIs possession and domestic violence.

Last edited:
The Cape is NOT what it was years ago. While it's still a nice place to live (not Wareham, New Beige or Fall Riv' bad yet) I've certainly seen some areas get worse over the last few years, especially in the neighborhoods near the Powderhorn.

But seriously, what kind of MORON tries that outside of the only gun shop in the area? [laugh]

But seriously, what kind of MORON tries that outside of the only gun shop in the area?

It is Massachusetts after all, it's not like he is going to get shot by someone. [rolleyes] He knows he is not in any physical danger.

Probably looking for GUNS.

No, probably looking for tools to sell so he can buy crack or heroin. People seem to like to steel tools around here lately.... The neighborhoods within walking distance of the 'Horn are a waste of space, unless you're here illegally or you sell drugs. All the homeless people just hang out on the sidewalk about a block away by the Salvation Army and leer at you when you drive by.

Back
Top Bottom