Automatic deletion script for classifieds

Trying to browse the WTS/WTT forms can be quite tiresome filtering through all posts that just say “sold”. Could a script be implemented to automatically delete or archive these posts to make it easier for those browsing?
Basic pusdocode:

for all posts in {WTS/WTT Handguns, WTS/WTT Rifles, WTS/WTT Shotguns}
If post name contains “Sold” or if post body contains “sold”
archive post
else
pass

You may not need to archive/delete then you could just flag for moderator review, but this could save us all some time.

I'd like to see a limit on bumping a ad. When someone is selling something and bumping it for over four years and can't figure out that either nobody wants his junk, or he has it priced too high.

I'd like to see a limit on bumping a ad. When someone is selling something and bumping it for over four years and can't figure out that either nobody wants his junk, or he has it priced too high.

It's silly but why does that bother you? Don't like it? Don't buy it.

i agree with both...it would be nice to get rid of the dead weight in the classifieds...if there was some type of auto delete if the word "sold" is in the subject or body that would be nice...or maybe a flag button that alerts a mod to review and/or delete the ad if the flagger has proof of contact with the seller that the item has been sold...the problem is that i'm sure there are a bunch of items that are sold and the seller has never updated the ad to reflect...and what if they put in sold pending funds and it doesn't get sold...that is where the time limit comes in...auto delete all private party ads over a year old (vendors shouldn't have to deal with this)...maybe have an auto pm to the seller a week or 2 before it's to be deleted that way the poster can go into their ad and copy the title, body and photo code in case they want to repost the ad...or maybe an opt out of auto deletion option and if the seller doesn't opt out within a week the deletion goes through

Back
Top Bottom