Attempted Scam on WTB thread

Thirwell1216

NES Member
Posted this on 5/30

WTB - Dmax Industries Carbine in 9mm or .45 Caliber

Got an email from a member that joined last Friday named Lynx with no feedback. Long story short, he claimed to have a Dmax carbine in 10mm for sale. He was quick on responses. I was a bit suspicious as he has no feedback and jumped at a low ball offer. After a quick google search of 10mm Dmax carbines, it was clear that he coppied a link to pics of a gun that probably wasn't his here: Selling Price of D-Max carbine

I let him know that I needed to see pics of the gun from different angles and the serial number...he dissapeared in the wind.. So stay clear of this guy...

lnyx

0 0 0

Add Feedback

Hi are you still interest in purchasing the Dmax carbine, let me know because i have one up for sale, my email is [email protected]

lnyx, Friday at 8:05 AM Report

Attachments

• upload_2019-6-12_21-5-2.png
    upload_2019-6-12_21-5-2.png
    53.3 KB · Views: 40
Yeah - I just looked at the picture and that’s a total scam. You can report conversations to the mods.

I was looking for a Colt Delta Elite and a true German PPK and got similar responses - just registered, no posts, crappy language. One of them said he could meet inWorcester and then said he had to ship it from Florida. Sent it to the mods and the ban hammer came down.

Quick Question....I've never reported to the mods...what is the best way to let them know this tom foolery is going on...

Posting a WTB ad is inviting scumbags into the house.
Maybe, but it's also a good way to let people that you would buy something they might want to sell. I've gotten a bunch of good stuff that never made it to the WTS section. If one doesn't know how to identify and deal with dirtbags, one should probably stay off the internet.

I agree, just stating it like it is. I am on a variety of different forums from cameras to telescopes to car parts and the statement stays the same.

Back
Top Bottom