ATI OMNI Hybrid Lower Receiver

As poly lowers go, this is probably the Cadillac. I still don't see the appeal. It costs the same as an aluminum lower. It's never going to be light enough to make a MA legal pistol. And they won't send you the free mag if you live in MA.

They have come a long way, and they are standing behind it with a decent warranty.

I couldn't find a weight listed on the product sheet, but I found this on a press release.

This unique manufacturing process produces a lighter weight platform, with the total weight of the Omni-Hybrid stripped lower being 8 ounces, a ½ ounce lighter than a traditional aluminum AR lower.

You could save more weight than that by loading 29 rounds into your mags.

This appears to be the latest version (Gen 3 perhaps). Gen 1 had some issues with cracking thus they added the aluminum in critical areas. I picked up a complete Gen 1 lower for around $119 almost 2 years back for a dedicated .22lr upper and it worked, never really felt comfortable with 5.56 rounds though.

One additional question: This came with a package of four very small (set?) screws. Nobody in the store could figure out what they were for.

One additional question: This came with a package of four very small (set?) screws. Nobody in the store could figure out what they were for.

Some lowers have threaded holes in the rear for the rear takedown detent/spring. Instead of the rear buffer plate holding in the spring, the set screw holds it in.

Also, some lowers have a threaded hole for the bolt catch pin, so you use a screw instead of a traditional roll pin.

Not sure if this is the case with this lower or not. If you put it together with a standard LPK, and everything works fine, I wouldn't worry about the extra set screws.

Good luck and let us know how it works out.

EDIT:

Forget what I said above. Take a look at the very end of this video:

They use set screws as anti-walk devices on the trigger and hammer pins.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some lowers have threaded holes in the rear for the rear takedown detent/spring. Instead of the rear buffer plate holding in the spring, the set screw holds it in.

Also, some lowers have a threaded hole for the bolt catch pin, so you use a screw instead of a traditional roll pin.

Not sure if this is the case with this lower or not. If you put it together with a standard LPK, and everything works fine, I wouldn't worry about the extra set screws.

Good luck and let us know how it works out.

Mine had set screws for the bolt catch pin as it was a tad over sized.

I have one unbuilt. I like unusual stuff and it is a good looking lower. I bought it more for just the unusual factor. With the metal inserts I doubt it would be problematic for a 223/556 build.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I finally built mine (a gen 2) to replace an aluminum lower on an AR22.

Not impressed. I had to drill out the rear take down pin detent hole as it was shallow. I also had to drill out the buffer catch blind hole because it was undersized. The rear takedown pin, when pulled out flops around because the 1/16" thick metal insert and the detent is the only thing holding it in. I had to file down the top front edges of the lower because the extra material interfered with the upper and bound up when rotating the upper. I also had to file the front take down pin holes lightly so the front take down pin would not bind. I am not a huge fan of the anti walk screws on the trigger and hammer pins either. Having said that, it seems to work fine after all of the fitting. Looks good but am glad it will be used on an AR22.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I'm shocked.......
Mclina was spot on....like a Cadillac looks good but gust a typical POS gm under the skin[laugh]

Back
Top Bottom