ATI GSG STG-44 .22lr

I recently saw an advertisement for the ATI/GSG STG-44 and after doing some research decided it was a candidate for my next purchase. I picked one up last week and was able to take it to the range yesterday with the wife. The rifle is a great reproduction of the original. It is on the heavier side, but that also means that it feels solid in your hands. Shot 100+ rounds without any issues. Only complaint is that the sight had to be brought all the way forward (up) in order for shots to be on target. After that it was surprisingly accurate. It was so nice to see quality components on a reproduction rifle such as a functional dust cover, real wood stock, sturdy mags, and minimal plastic.

I have shot other .22 rifles including Henry's and S&W M&P. The Henry is always a blast with the lever action, but the S&W felt a little too toy like and was anti-climactic to fire. I was nervous that the STG might have that same "toy" feel to it, but I was wrong. The solidness of the gun along with the smooth cycling felt great. I thought it might be a little heavy for the wife, so I suggested she shoot from the bench. I was so proud when she wasn't able to get a good cheek weld from the bench, stood up, shouldered the 10 pound beast, and emptied the magazine. I think I was a little misty eyed when she ripped the magazine out of the bottom. We both agreed it was our favorite gun to shoot.

If you're looking for a new .22 rifle for plinking I can highly recommend the STG-44 from ATI. Great attention to detail, flawless operation, reasonable price, and neat wooden storage crate. Can't wait to get it back out to the range!

Back
Top Bottom