• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

ATF shuts down JA Industries

Smart poor people buy hi-points!

And any criminal worth a grain of salt wants to traffic in bare minimum Glock quality and higher. Although many criminals are dumb, they’re not stupid, they wanna make money, not pennies!!

From the article:

“I think this is an undisputed important step toward shutting down a manufacturer that flouted federal law and facilitated gun trafficking,” said John Feinblatt, president of Everytown.

Speaking of gun trafficking, I wonder if that ignorant cocksucker has ever heard of Eric Holder and "Fast and Furious"?

I guess that's it for the remnants of the old Raven Arms. At least Phoenix Arms is still around, but they don't make anything bigger than a .25 and Cobra I think is still around in some form, but only makes derringers.

Hi Point is always going to be the go to option for cheap and reliable handguns. For a nightstand gun a C9 beats a baseball bat.

I guess that's it for the remnants of the old Raven Arms. At least Phoenix Arms is still around, but they don't make anything bigger than a .25 and Cobra I think is still around in some form, but only makes derringers.

Hi Point is always going to be the go to option for cheap and reliable handguns. For a nightstand gun a C9 beats a baseball bat.

Nobody deserves abuse from the ATF, but that aside, those SNS brands, Bryco, Jimenez, Davis, Jennings, etc.... were all hot garbage, that nobody will miss. They were not a good look for the industry ill just leave it at that.

Even hi point is a paragon of safety and engineering compared to most of that trash. HP may look ugly and shitty but at least it's not intrinsically unsafe or 80% chance of being broken new in the box like those others.

Nobody deserves abuse from the ATF, but that aside, those SNS brands, Bryco, Jimenez, Davis, Jennings, etc.... were all hot garbage, that nobody will miss. They were not a good look for the industry ill just leave it at that.

Even hi point is a paragon of safety and engineering compared to most of that trash. HP may look ugly and shitty but at least it's not intrinsically unsafe or 80% chance of being broken new in the box like those others.
Hi-Point safety is better than most gun manufacturers.

They are ugly. They are heavy. They look like they are made out of compressed diarrhea.

But, you watch the demolition ranch torture videos and the damn Hi-Points just won't blow up.

I bet Glock, SIG or CZ probably wouldn't make it.

View: https://youtu.be/2JV8PY4_b80

Hi-Point safety is better than most gun manufacturers.

They are ugly. They are heavy. They look like they are made out of compressed diarrhea.

But, you watch the demolition ranch torture videos and the damn Hi-Points just won't blow up.

I bet Glock, SIG or CZ probably wouldn't make it.

View: https://youtu.be/2JV8PY4_b80

lol because HP is straight blowback there is a relief valve of sorts.

but on the HP the one thing NOT made out of pot metal is the barrel, so theres that.

But yet Flannel Daddy (garandthumb) broke an HP by throwing it against a rock. [rofl]

I'd still take an HP over the junk ROF guns though mentioned earlier. that shit is legit junk. Even many dealers I know stopped selling that shit
years ago and sold HPs instead because they were the same money`and the buyers were happier

Those Ring of Fire brands were mostly built around small calibers to make them small and somewhat concealable whereas the Hi Point isn't even trying to be anything more than a nightstand or under the pillow gun. Not saying that I would ever carry a Bryco or Lorcin, but back in the 70s in a rough city like NYC, if I didn't have the money for something better, I'd have settled on a cheap .25 or .32.

Just because a lot of them ended up used in crime doesn't tell the full story, I know my grandfather, who was a Fudd, had a Jennings .22 simply because he wanted a fairly small and cheap .22 pistol for whatever. So far that is the only handgun I know he owned, so don't go drinking the anti gun media kool aid in thinking they were all guns that Jabari, Jaquan, and Jameel used to rob the liquor store.

Those Ring of Fire brands were mostly built around small calibers to make them small and somewhat concealable whereas the Hi Point isn't even trying to be anything more than a nightstand or under the pillow gun. Not saying that I would ever carry a Bryco or Lorcin, but back in the 70s in a rough city like NYC, if I didn't have the money for something better, I'd have settled on a cheap .25 or .32.

Just because a lot of them ended up used in crime doesn't tell the full story, I know my grandfather, who was a Fudd, had a Jennings .22 simply because he wanted a fairly small and cheap .22 pistol for whatever. So far that is the only handgun I know he owned, so don't go drinking the anti gun media kool aid in thinking they were all guns that Jabari, Jaquan, and Jameel used to rob the liquor store.

That part I also agree with, many many people used them as low cost guns for legit purposes but that still didn’t stop them from being junk that potentially put the user in peril if they didn’t understand how poorly the guns were designed and how to guard against bad outcomes from that.

That part I also agree with, many many people used them as low cost guns for legit purposes but that still didn’t stop them from being junk that potentially put the user in peril if they didn’t understand how poorly the guns were designed and how to guard against bad outcomes from that.
Yeah, the internet didn't exist back then, so poor, ignorant people didn't know anything more than what the counterman at the gun store told them.

"Is dat cheep gun any goods?"
"It'll do when you need it."
"I'll takes it."

My personal experience with a Raven .25 has actually been pretty good, but up the caliber and not also increase the size and I don't see how these Zinc guns could last more than a few boxes of ammo. Even still a .25 was never meant to be shot much.

lol because HP is straight blowback there is a relief valve of sorts.

but on the HP the one thing NOT made out of pot metal is the barrel, so theres that.

But yet Flannel Daddy (garandthumb) broke an HP by throwing it against a rock. [rofl]

I'd still take an HP over the junk ROF guns though mentioned earlier. that shit is legit junk. Even many dealers I know stopped selling that shit
years ago and sold HPs instead because they were the same money`and the buyers were happier
But they don't blow up. If you were holding any of those guns, your hand would be in one piece, which is what matters.

But they don't blow up. If you were holding any of those guns, your hand would be in one piece, which is what matters.
[thumbsup]
20200730_173733-jpg.403925
5d97a5026fa74.image.jpg

Even glocks that blow up don't take peoples hands off.... so there's that.... most kabooms are less dramatic than they appear. Most are exceptionally rare too.

The old Jimenez Arms
ATF is claiming "false statements to the ATF and the unlawful shipment of guns to a gun trafficker", apparently for shipping 11 handguns directly to James Samuels, the alleged "illegal dealer", see the details in the BATFE affidavit.

Back
Top Bottom