• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

ATF Director calls for AWB, UBCs; laments lack of registry, emphasis on individual rights

“We take the laws that Congress passes, and we follow them,” Dettelbach replied.

No you don't. You are about as big a liar as Mayorkis consistently lying about the border being secure, typical .gov bull*hitter.

I don't recall congress making any laws against stabilizing braces.

“Congress has said that we’re not allowed to have a gun registry, and Congress has said that we’re not allowed to have certain types of searchable databases,” he said. “We follow those rules, meticulously, because in our constitutional form of government, when there is a law passed, you follow it.”

That is because congress knows that if they do, it will be abused and used to infringe on the rights of people who aren't committing crimes. They are only banging the drum of confiscation and they know it.

On top of that, it is not his job as director of ATF to advocate for a ban of any type of weapon...he is forgetting he is an administrator.
Maybe he should stick to enforcement of actual crimes and catch those criminals he is talking about.

Last edited:
Congress has said that we’re not allowed to have a gun registry, and Congress has said that we’re not allowed to have certain types of searchable databases,” he said. “We follow those rules, meticulously, because in our constitutional form of government, when there is a law passed, you follow it.”

You know that right there is the biggest lie since the first man said to the first woman "Just the tip , I swear "

This guy truly is a f*'king idiot. My question is I know Shithead Biden put up some other Anti jackass who the Repubs blocked but then this assclown was confirmed, so how was the other guy worse than this fool cuz this guy seems as anti as they get

This guy truly is a f*'king idiot. My question is I know Shithead Biden put up some other Anti jackass who the Repubs blocked but then this assclown was confirmed, so how was the other guy worse than this fool cuz this guy seems as anti as they get
The other guy was at Waco.
Seen in pictures in front of the smoldering wreckage.
Not exactly an image one would want after women and children burned there.

Can we talk? Hear have some candy.

Now.. I thought the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms was an enforcement agency, not a policy think tank. Congress passes legislation, the President signs it into law, the Supreme Court determines if it's constitutional, and the ATF enforces them.

Attachments

• 61hQ2k-tdbL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg
    61hQ2k-tdbL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

As long as the president can nominate agency directors you're always going to get a really shitty one when a dem is president and maybe a slightly less shitty one with a republicant.

Dettelbach spoke at Harvard on 11/1/2023.
ATF Director Calls for Universal Background Checks, Assault Weapons Ban at Harvard IOP Forum | News | The Harvard Crimson
He equated suicides and gang violence to the mass shooting in Lewiston, presumably for effect.
...where _I_ lament the lack of ATF directors wearing necklaces.

main-qimg-38ee62d6e01b107f32686c97fc4d9594-lq

This ATF director is the epitome of the Swamp; these career bureaucrats who are employed at federal agencies for decades, they move up the ladder, and they're all the fukking same once they get to the top of the department, which means they're all the fukking same on their way up the ladder.

It's like this at every federal agency and they never have to answer to their actions, no matter how illegal they are.

What is obvious to anyone who supports the Constitution is that these agencies and effectively the Federal Gov't of the United States is wholly useless to defending the Constitution and is either actively engaging in direct action against the Constitution or aiding and abetting that Insurrectionist activity.

When we have agencies like the ATF, the FBI, and CIA who derive their power from Article 2 of the Constitution and use that power to usurp the Constitution, it seems to me that either the entire Executive branch needs to be reworked or the whole Constitution thrown out and we go back to the Articles of Confederation. The notion of one Executive is an archaic concept thought up during the days of Kings and before the concept of political parties. Look at every major corporation and the structure at the top: they're all run by boards of directors.

If we ever have another convention on an amendment to the Constitution it should be to rework Article 2 and have several chief executives elected by different regions say along the lines of the Circuit court jurisdictions. That way we never have to deal with a totally Democrat run Executive Department ever again.

The other guy was at Waco.
Seen in pictures in front of the smoldering wreckage.
Not exactly an image one would want after women and children burned there.
If you look closely at that picture , the bodies of those women and children are right behind him.
Trophy pictures.
There isn't a deep enough hole in hell for these people.

The moderator was:

Women, Gender, and Sexuality senior lecturer Caroline E. Light

Not that there is any logic with these people but the vast majority of people killed by people with firearms are male. I guess we can chalk this up to “50,000 men die in major battle, women most affected”

Another article. He lied to Congress under oath.

No biggie.

ATF Director Says Assault Weapons Ban Now On His "Wish List"

Looks like Biden's ATF director has drastically changed his views from his Senate confirmation hearing.

During a recent interview with Caroline Light, the Director of Undergraduate studies in Women, Gender and Sexuality at Harvard University, ATF Director Steve Dettelbach was asked about his gun control "Wish list."

This is a drastic change from Dettelbach's nomination hearing, where he promised to be a fair regulator and only use the tools that Congress gave him.

These words earned him his nominations from holdouts like Senator Angus King of Maine and West Virginia Senator Joe Manchin.

Senator King was credited with torpedoing the previous ATF director nominee, David Chipman.

Chipman, a former ATF agent and veteran of the gun-control lobby, was withdrawn after his views on firearms confirmed that he would be antagonistic towards the firearms industry as a regulator.

Dettelbach was seen as a law enforcement candidate, with a background as a United States Attorney who promised to "never let politics in any way influence my action as ATF director."

It is clear that Director Dettelbach has become a gun-control advocate in the vein of David Chipman. In fact, according to the National Shooting Sports Foundation, no ATF director has ever advocated for an assault weapon ban until now.

This is unsurprising, as the Biden administration recently announced an office of gun violence prevention -- its sole purpose being to cozy up the gun control lobby with a direct link to ATF. Look no further than the Office of Gun Violence Prevention's Deputy Director, Rob Wilcox.

Dettelbach spoke at Harvard on 11/1/2023.
ATF Director Calls for Universal Background Checks, Assault Weapons Ban at Harvard IOP Forum | News | The Harvard Crimson
He equated suicides and gang violence to the mass shooting in Lewiston, presumably for effect.
Another article. He lied to Congress under oath.

No biggie.

ATF Director Says Assault Weapons Ban Now On His "Wish List"

Looks like Biden's ATF director has drastically changed his views from his Senate confirmation hearing.

During a recent interview with Caroline Light, the Director of Undergraduate studies in Women, Gender and Sexuality at Harvard University, ATF Director Steve Dettelbach was asked about his gun control "Wish list."

This is a drastic change from Dettelbach's nomination hearing, where he promised to be a fair regulator and only use the tools that Congress gave him.

These words earned him his nominations from holdouts like Senator Angus King of Maine and West Virginia Senator Joe Manchin.

Senator King was credited with torpedoing the previous ATF director nominee, David Chipman.

Chipman, a former ATF agent and veteran of the gun-control lobby, was withdrawn after his views on firearms confirmed that he would be antagonistic towards the firearms industry as a regulator.

Dettelbach was seen as a law enforcement candidate, with a background as a United States Attorney who promised to "never let politics in any way influence my action as ATF director."

It is clear that Director Dettelbach has become a gun-control advocate in the vein of David Chipman. In fact, according to the National Shooting Sports Foundation, no ATF director has ever advocated for an assault weapon ban until now.

This is unsurprising, as the Biden administration recently announced an office of gun violence prevention -- its sole purpose being to cozy up the gun control lobby with a direct link to ATF. Look no further than the Office of Gun Violence Prevention's Deputy Director, Rob Wilcox.
The ATF needs to be abolished

Back
Top Bottom