assignment page

When doing the eform for my first NFA SBR, do i send in a blank assignment page or do i include the firearm im getting the tax stamp for on it?

alright, thats what i filled it out for, just wanted to make sure. Im having to resubmit it as i choose "multi" for the caliber

alright, thats what i filled it out for, just wanted to make sure. Im having to resubmit it as i choose "multi" for the caliber

arggggg, dat multi. i'd heard about it awhile back that they were no longer accepting multi as a caliber designation, this further confirms that.

resubmit paper or e-file? my form was received 12/27/13 when i resubmitted mine, i got it 3/15/14.

i emailed the eforms website and got a response back in like 5 minutes. I told them i choose multi and asked if it would get rejected. The guy said yes, advised me to just cancel it and resubmit it. Submitting it again today

Multi's are not accepted. Assignment page is required, needs to show make/model/ser# to your entity.

Careful resubmitting, I got a phantom "draft" after my item was pending. If you delete the draft it deletes your already submitted form.

So if you choose a lower with a serial number, and you want to use it for either 300 blackout or 556 you can't do that? You have to pick only one?

I can't make a blanket ruling, but it appears they get really pissy about more than one caliber listing, and send you back the form.

The E-forms have no dropdown for "multi", it routes you to choose an individual caliber.

From what i got reading other threads, if you were registering the lower as 5.56 and wanted to use 300blkout or other uppers you would have to list the other caliber uppers for what you intended to use.

i know when people on hkpro were registering there ump they didnt have a problem using 45acp as the primary caliber and listing 9mm and 40s&w as alternate calibers

as i understand it from what i have read, you do not need any permission or anything special to change calibers as long as it is not a permanent change. the form 1 is how the rifle is to be assembled, not necessarily always configured in this fashion. think about it: is it a big deal to swap a 9mm or 6.8 upper on your non-title II AR-15? nope. if you make a permanent change to the SBR then NFA branch will want to know, but if you want to pop a few different uppers on there temporarily, it should be fine.

Back
Top Bottom